Plymouth MA?

Hi, I am from Plymouth, have never raised chickens. Would like to. Do you know the By-laws in Plymouth pertaining to the ownership of chickens. My yard has a 6'ft stockade fence. But neighbors are close. Do I need their permission . I live just a block from the old rte 44 (carver rd)

well, it.s me again! 6months later. Plymouth, Ma is farm country, so i didn't need a permit of any sort.
In March, I bought 3 buff orpingtons,and 3 red pullets,(
I think they might be rhode island reds) from Tractor Suppy in Carver.
Not knowing any better on April 23, I picked up 3 black sex links and 3 new hampshire reds.
So, of course, i had to keep them separate from the first ones.
I had a 4x8 box for the first 6 in my family room downstairs.
I kept the next 6 in a dog crate top and bottom to make it about5-6 ft. with the corrugated cardboard and chicken wire.
when I set up the coop in a 12X12 dog kennel enclosure.I had to keep them separated until they were all close to the same size.
It was alot of extra work, I know now to buy them all at the same time so their pecking order is established.
Anyway, all summer they free ranged 1/2 of my yard.now they are in the dog enclosure, i like it better when they are out in the yard doing chicken things,
now with winter here, I am experiencing the weather.#@#@##
forgot about that little bother! Experienced my first frozen water. bought a heater for the waterer but now trying to keep the hose from
freezing. going to try heat trace tape.
oh yeah, chickens are happy healthy and laying lots of eggs
Well, hope somebody is reading this. thanks

Hi all!
Another guy from Plymouth here. Have been interested in raising my of Guinea fowl for the benefits of reducing tick born diseases like Lyme and was excited to come across others nearby. Just wanted to say hi and great thread!!

Jake

I always thought plymouth had no laws against raising chickens but I just found out about a rooster "nuisance law". Has anyone had to deal with this? I have an upset neighbor and I'm not sure if it is strictly enforced. My roo only started crowing this morning! And only 3 times then he stopped! Ugh she's going to be trouble. Helllppp! I don't want to get rid of my guy :(

Not Plymouth, but close!
big_smile.png

Hi there
I'm from the Plymouth area. Always great to meet fellow chicken-raisers here. Looking for some new chickens for my flock but really didn't want to hatch eggs and do the whole incubator thing. I can't have a brood of chicks in my house. My dogs would go nuts and I think I would to after a few weeks. We shall see tho...

Hi, I am from Plymouth, have never raised chickens. Would like to. Do you know the By-laws in Plymouth pertaining to the ownership of chickens. My yard has a 6'ft stockade fence. But neighbors are close. Do I need their permission . I live just a block from the old rte 44 (carver rd)

Back
Top Bottom