Plymouth MA?

HELLO-I'M FROM PLYMOUTH MA. as well i started with 6 comet's in JULY of 2012---i was new to it--it was pretty easy w/ just a little research on raising them---it has been very rewarding--lookin fwd to getting a few more this summer as well---just from my 6 chickens -i get 6 eggs a day, consitently---they are great producers----there are so many different kinds to choose from it's hard to choice which to get.I keep the coop warm with a smalll heater i bought at Walmart for $15 (200 watts)---if it really dips down in temp i got another one to put on and it does the trick.---summer time they are in the shade-so it's nice and cool where they are.I let them out and roam the yard from time to time.----no fence so i gotta keep an eye on them---dogs all around.

Plymouth as well! I also got 6 chicks in July and now all are laying. I use a heated waterer on the cold days, and a light on the coop. I have some Silkies, Austrolorp, Buff Brahma, Easter Egger, And Wyandotte's. My Easter Egger is laying green eggs-and yesterday laid the hugest egg I have ever seen-like double the others-poor thing!

Plymouth as well! I also got 6 chicks in July and now all are laying. I use a heated waterer on the cold days, and a light on the coop. I have some Silkies, Austrolorp, Buff Brahma, Easter Egger, And Wyandotte's. My Easter Egger is laying green eggs-and yesterday laid the hugest egg I have ever seen-like double the others-poor thing!
Maybe a double yoker,it's a sign of good luck for you!
I'm from Plymouth County,close to neighbors. I have several breeds for eating eggs including a couple EE'ers,I breed and incubate Red and Black Sex Links,( I call them Red or Black Stars) from my RIR Rooster,He's mean and nasty but He sires a good line of super layers!

Hi guys! I'm from plymouth also. If anyone knows of a place I can get 1 or 2 more chicks let me know. I know this us a odd request but the two I have have leg problems so I'd love to get one with spraddle leg so they won't peck each other too much.

I think that's right down tw street form me and I have chickens! We have zero laws against them. We do have a nuisance law though. If a rooster becomes too much of a problem and they receive so many calls that it becomes a "nuisance" to fe town we would have to get rid of him.

Thank you for your response. I am not planning on getting a rooster so that will not be a problem. I am happy to hear that I can raise the chickens. Do you have any advise on where and how to purchase chickens? Age?

Tom

I would try to get some pullets instead of chicks. Chicks are adorable but the whole heat lamp thing in the summer is horrible! Plus you know what you're getting. I got my red stars from a man in Hanson and last I heard he had some more. I think he's on this thread. Message eggzausted a few comments up. They are very sweet :)

Back
Top Bottom