Plymouth Rock thread!

Thank you, Cindy and I look forward to comparing the two lines week by week. I have weekly pictures of my Horstman line that I will compare to my Padgett line to see how they differ from week to week as the Padgett line grows out. Well the incubator is done with the last chick needing a little help getting out of its egg this morning. So I ended up with 11 chicks and that is not bad considering I was only charged for 12 eggs. I am very happy.
smile.png

How does the chestnut color compare between the two at this age?

How does the chestnut color compare between the two at this age?

From what I can see by comparing a picture I took of my Dick Horstman chicks 5 months ago to a picture of my Danny Padgett chicks I took this morning is the chestnut markings are not as pronounced on the Horstman chicks because of the overall darker coloring on the Dick Horstman chicks.

IMG_20130423_204405_zps324ffde4.jpg

A picture of my Dick Horstman chicks I took 5 months ago.

IMG_20130921_120410_zpsb750a826.jpg

A picture of my Danny Padgett chicks I took this morning.

Ok I have pictures of my Horstman & Padgett lines of Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks and have noticed one line being darker and one line being lighter. I have been told that Robert Murphys line of Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks are on the lighter side also. Can anyone breeding the Canadian line post a picture or better yet pictures of their chicks so we can see where they fall. I would think the Canadian line is also on the lighter side but I would like to confirm it.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures. :)

Here is a picture of my Padgett line all doing great. :)
IMG_20130922_121219_zps930c7cbd.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I have pictures of my Horstman & Padgett lines of Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks and have noticed one line being darker and one line being lighter. I have been told that Robert Murphys line of Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks are on the lighter side also. Can anyone breeding the Canadian line post a picture or better yet pictures of their chicks so we can see where they fall. I would think the Canadian line is also on the lighter side but I would like to confirm it.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
smile.png

Here is a picture of my Padgett line all doing great.
smile.png

IMG_20130922_121219_zps930c7cbd.jpg
My SPPR from PEI Chickens looks just like these guys at hatch :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom