Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
Gertrude:
59668_037.jpg

59668_028.jpg

Gertrude has a twin sister, Crooked Toes, Just picture Gertrude with a crooked foot.

Quote:
The ones with pink bands on came from you, as well as the pullet.

I'll have to say, I stand by my comments makes no difference from whoever they came, the pullet seems nice on the type. If those pink banded cockerels really look like that at ease, then I'd keep the best one, maybe #6,for a blood line and then cull the rest. They seemed a little skittish in the photos. You don't want them dragging their breast and drooping tails. However, you have enough to work with next year.
Try to get another pic of #6 with him more at ease. I usually sit on a bucket and have to wait several minutes for them to get used to me being there and they will go back to being at ease. That way you can get more of a side profile pic. Do you have any weights on them? I really like #2 if he holds his head up.. Is the the closest one in the last pic also?

Quote:
Yes that is the same one. I still have not weighed them. I believe #1 is the heaviest though.

#2 is also pictured in the back of picture #1.

I will get their weights. I am leaving for Omaha (to pick up some of those Reese BRs), and will be back Sunday.

Last edited:
Here a few more pictures of my birds.

44197_img_0401.jpg

Large Blue. He has good type but poor color, but he should still produce some decent offspring this year into early next year.

44197_img_0198.jpg

Barred Hen of mine. She usually holds her tail correctly so I don't know why she didn't for this picture.
roll.png

44197_buff_males_2.jpg

Two buff males that I just picked up a few weeks back.

44197_columbian_rock_male.jpg

One of my many columbian males. His tail is a little high, but he has good color, and a real nice head on him. The pullet in back is now at Scott's.

I have two other pictures on the heritage thread if you want to see them.

David

Quote:
Yes I do. I have 5 females I picked up as well. They are all going into the breeding pen withing a few weeks with the cock bird I have. The cockerel still has a bit of growing left to do.

David

as a general whole, do yall feel the quality of the hatchery white rock has been demenished as much as the hatchery barred rock, as far as being a meat/primary, and egg /secondary chicken?

going to pick up 5 SP pullets and a cockerel in two weeks time, from SQ breeder
big_smile.png
can't wait, may get some Gold laced Wyandottes if he has some for sale to, saw some at the fair to day...they are to die for.... My random thing for the day
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom