Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
I sure hope mine get that big both of the roos I hatched from Uglyducky are big boys I have 5 pullets from your breeding Wynette 3 roos and I can't tell on my bonus blue Jersey Giant

Quote:
No... and yes. What I mean is that there is not an annual yearbook put out by the club, but if you are a member during the years that they do publish a yearbook, than you'll get one at no extra cost. I hope that makes sense. The last one was put on in 2003 I believe and there has been rumor of putting together another one.

David

Rock N' Faverolles :

Quote:
No... and yes. What I mean is that there is not an annual yearbook put out by the club, but if you are a member during the years that they do publish a yearbook, than you'll get one at no extra cost. I hope that makes sense. The last one was put on in 2003 I believe and there has been rumor of putting together another one.

David

thanks​

Happy Chooks and Wynette.....GORGEOUS birds!
love.gif
Hmm, they my have to go on my someday list
wink.png

The first three newsletters where equal to a year book with out all the ads.They where in color and got the old members to rejoin the club. When we started we had about 20 membersand 40 life time members. In 9 months we hit 100 total members and a year and a half we hit 180 members. Not to bad for a club that was dead in the water for a while. The secret put out a good newsletter with substance and get the Distrcit Directors to be active.
All our officers and Directors are working in harmony and that is why we are a succesfull breed club. We have all of that however, a year book as not been printed in many years. Its not for the articles its the cost of printing and shiping one. I would have to raise about $1,200 to $1,500. idn ads to put one out. Its a lot of work and we are talking about it.

We do have a membership list. If you will emal me at [email protected] I will send you one. Go to our web site and you and you will find hours of data to read and pictures to look at. The last issue was on how to breed the Partridge Rock Color and we had so many articles I could not get them into the issue and will have to go with the rest of the articles in the next issue. In the last two years we have articles on how to breed every color pattern for the beginner. Enough data to have a small book on how to raise and breed Plymouth Rocks. Hope this helps the question. Like most breed clubs we are just getting buy in this current state of our economy with our dues which are at the 2000 year level.

But something must be right as we still have about 180 members and that is good for any breed club. bob

Last edited:
guess now when my letter reaches you, you'll have 181 members, if it's not to much problem, would like to have a copy of the last couple of newsletters, if there is some laying around handy.

thanks

59367_photo1.jpg

I am so excited had to share, figured this might be a good thread to post in!
I just hatched 14 of the 16 eggs shipped from halo here on BYC.
I have never had this great of a hatch rate on shipped eggs.
Beautiful, healthy Blue Rocks. The red one in the back and the black one in front are from my birds.

Back
Top Bottom