Polish roo eye gone and eye socket bleeding help

Well we did what they showed to do with the peafowl and couldn't get anything out :( I think there's nothing more we can do for him I'm at a loss....

Well we did what they showed to do with the peafowl and couldn't get anything out
sad.png
I think there's nothing more we can do for him I'm at a loss....
I am reading through this thread fast,so if i have missed the info i am asking,i apologize in advance. What are you using daily to clean out infected wound?

We've used saline and providone solution and I've kept neosporin on it he's had pennicillin shots at 2 different intervals and he's swollen so bad I don't know what to do to get the infection out I know its like in the center of the wound I looked in his mouth and don't see any puss I tried pushing on the roof of his mouth to see if I could get it to come out of the opening we made but we got nothing :(

No we went below it would it be ok to cut across in that area we wanted to but I was afraid of it having a bad outcome

Have you just took something sharp and dug at the yellow on the inside of them wound on top his head. It is most likely a hard mass of infection that has to be manually dug out or use a scapel to cut at it to get it out. If he bleeds just have some papertowels or gauze handy and apply pressure to it for a few minutes until the bleeding stops. I usually take medical tape and tape their feet together and I will even tape around their body and tape their wings down and you have them. He is probably about sick of being doctored so tired of it. I think as far as infection he looks better and what you are giving him is working. I am not a vet but a country lady that has raised chickens 20+ years and I always give a big chicken like him 1cc of penicillin under skin on breast every other day on a big wound like that to get well.

Have you just took something sharp and dug at the yellow on the inside of them wound on top his head. It is most likely a hard mass of infection that has to be manually dug out or use a scapel to cut at it to get it out. If he bleeds just have some papertowels or gauze handy and apply pressure to it for a few minutes until the bleeding stops. I usually take medical tape and tape their feet together and I will even tape around their body and tape their wings down and you have them. He is probably about sick of being doctored so tired of it. I think as far as infection he looks better and what you are giving him is working. I am not a vet but a country lady that has raised chickens 20+ years and I always give a big chicken like him 1cc of penicillin under skin on breast every other day on a big wound like that to get well.
Isn't this the chicken that's getting Cipro? If so, do not give any other medications. @Wayne&Kim1963 , read post #54, pus removal has already been discussed.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom