POLL: How much do you pay for a 50# bag of feed???

Yesterday, I got feed.
Game Bird Mantenance 50# $12.25
Crack Corn 50# $9.25
Layena Crumbles Sunfresh 50# $10.99

i just bought 11bags of layer crumbles, 2 bags of scratch grain and 2 bags of cracked corn as well as a new 5 gallon waterer all for $178 tax included.

My feed store is now getting in Triple Duty pellets (16% protein) for a dollar a bag less than layer. So since I have oyster shell out at all times, I just use that. It is better for the drakes, gander and rooster anyway.

sad.png
wink.png
tongue.png
Right now we are finishing feeding what we have left of the pig feed to the chickens. But what is hurting us as far as prices is the laying mash and oyster shell. The hens would rather have cracked corn but we are making do with what we have.
D.gif

Agway is up to 10.25 for layer shorties. Duck feed was 10.80 of Nutrena and 11.80 for the chick starter of Nutrena. Crack corn is 7.00 per 50 and as high as 12 in one feed store. Ah my personel favorite is sunflower hearts at 1.25 per lb at feed store or 1.75 at the produce place. Millet is 60 cents a lb loose. Shocked oyster shell was 8.95. Tax here is 7 percent and it does add up.
Hay that has been was 6.15 a bale.

I went to 5 different feed stores here and got a range of prices but all bags were over 10 now but cracked corn. Purina was the highest but with 20 lbs of sunflower seed hearts was 19.99.

My troops eat like 50 lbs a day every day.

ML

Back
Top Bottom