Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Frostbite is more likely to happen at 30 degrees F than 0 degrees F... as warmer air holds more moisture and it's the humidity that causes frostbite..... why ventilation is most important during winter in cold climates.
One more thing to add to my "Stuff I learned here"....... Thank you much....

Thank you all, for the ideas..... I been hanging around for awhile... building a folder of many ideas and reading, reading and reading.... Here is my final poop board and roost design that I built yesterday.... It high up off the floor, 48", so the birds get exercise flying up to it.. (hopefully)... 2 each 4' roost boards.... 2x4".... 5" above the PB so if an egg is laid at night, it might not break.... And I plan on using Sweet PDZ on the board and DE for parasite control...... The poop board is 48" x 32" because it was laying around in my stuff to save pile.... The roosts lift up and out for washing.... Bride's only comment on my "Chicken Raising Plans", "It was a lot easier raising chickens when I was a kid"... Silly woman.... about 2-3 more weeks to get the coop and run done.... maybe..... Dave
Looks great. I still need to get pics of mine up, and I'm learning as I go too! DH and I are thinking we may need more ventilation, but time will tell.

Well, here it is... My DH made me a pull out poop board
big_smile.png
I can lean through and scoop or pull it out like a drawer and sit and scoop. I'm LOVING it:)

This is my setup after reading this whole thread. My coop is the Garden Coop with the external nest box. I added 2X3's around the edges to contain (somewhat) the PDZ. The 2X3 at the top is the internal roost. There is 75 lbs. of Sweet PDZ there with a large kitchen bowl of DE mixed in. I get my girls tomorrow (4/23/14) and trying to get it all right for them.

Looks good! I have a removable 2 x 3 at the door so I can scrape straight into a dustpan when I'm doing full cleaning (my coop sits on top of the run so it's floor is at 4 feet). The PDZ is so nice. It's easier to strain the coop than my cat litter box! Have fun with the girls!

This is my setup after reading this whole thread. My coop is the Garden Coop with the external nest box. I added 2X3's around the edges to contain (somewhat) the PDZ. The 2X3 at the top is the internal roost. There is 75 lbs. of Sweet PDZ there with a large kitchen bowl of DE mixed in. I get my girls tomorrow (4/23/14) and trying to get it all right for them.
You only need the PDZ to be about an inch deep, it will be easier to sift...and you can mix it with sand to save on the PDZ...they will scratch it off onto off the floor.

Back
Top Bottom