Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Thank you all, for the ideas..... I been hanging around for awhile... building a folder of many ideas and reading, reading and reading....

Here is my final poop board and roost design that I built yesterday.... It high up off the floor, 48", so the birds get exercise flying up to it.. (hopefully)... 2 each 4' roost boards.... 2x4".... 5" above the PB so if an egg is laid at night, it might not break.... And I plan on using Sweet PDZ on the board and DE for parasite control...... The poop board is 48" x 32" because it was laying around in my stuff to save pile.... The roosts lift up and out for washing.... Bride's only comment on my "Chicken Raising Plans", "It was a lot easier raising chickens when I was a kid"... Silly woman....

about 2-3 more weeks to get the coop and run done.... maybe..... Dave

I love this. I do have a question- what type of wood did you use? it looks to be cedar which is very bad for animals
-it will cause respiratory issues.

Ok I went to my local feed store and this is all they had is it the same ad sweet pdz

Ok I went to my local feed store and this is all they had is it the same ad sweet pdz
That looks like compressed pine pellet bedding.
PDZ is the mineral zeolite, it is white and the granulated(which is what you want) is about a quarter of the size of generic clay kitty litter granules.

Back
Top Bottom