Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Question: what's the brand-name of the sweet PDZ you are using? I think I'm going to have difficulty in getting the "right stuff" as I've heard here on the forum that there is some form of PDZ that's not good...thanks for any reply.

This is what I use. I can get it at either Tractor Supply or Rural King.

Question: how much room needed above the roost to the roof of the coop? I have a slanted roof so on the one side I am worried there won't be enough space.

Question: how much room needed above the roost to the roof of the coop? I have a slanted roof so on the one side I am worried there won't be enough space.

Depends.... Full sized large fowl, or bantam?

I think at a guess.... The shortest would be 14inches above the perch, 16 inches maybe safer, for large sized fowl.

If you really want to get as much space out of the coop as possible, try to install the poop tray and perch so that you can shift them later if need be.

I put the nests waist high where it's comfortable for me to gather eggs (bad knees),
roosts at least a foot above that so they don't roost in nests,
roof and major ventilation as far above roost as possible especially if in a cold climate.

Back
Top Bottom