Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

You can add me to the list of “Poop Board Converts”! I just moved my girls to their new coop on Thursday, and after 3 nights I can tell you that I love the idea I stole from this thread. Takes about 5 minutes a day to clean the poop off the tray with a litter scoop and it is gone from my coop forever. Also I will say that moving from my old coop where the roosts were not reachable to my new walk-in coop makes a world of difference in being able to care for my flock. It is so much easier to go in and check out each bird once they have settled in for the night. I know this will help in the future identifying which one has diarrhea or checking them over for injuries, pests, etc. Thanks to everyone here for the great suggestions I used in designing and building my new coop. Now to just convince them to start using the new rollout nesting boxes!!

165884A8-2B6F-4BEA-817F-7C4521D27055.jpeg 06C69DC5-710E-4022-A5F2-F9BA336D3BFC.jpeg 60DA58F5-535E-4902-812D-5FC3FE99EBE8.jpeg 22D6DCC4-B8E8-48C6-B22D-A914EDCF6392.jpeg F476E308-1455-4301-A2FB-9A3ABE194218.jpeg C16302A2-5058-4A5B-85A7-DC8388E1A316.jpeg D8A8A105-918E-4932-8300-08C1C061EC63.jpeg B8BFE007-8B04-4279-BD4A-A389B7764A98.jpeg

You can add me to the list of “Poop Board Converts”! I just moved my girls to their new coop on Thursday, and after 3 nights I can tell you that I love the idea I stole from this thread. Takes about 5 minutes a day to clean the poop off the tray with a litter scoop and it is gone from my coop forever. Also I will say that moving from my old coop where the roosts were not reachable to my new walk-in coop makes a world of difference in being able to care for my flock. It is so much easier to go in and check out each bird once they have settled in for the night. I know this will help in the future identifying which one has diarrhea or checking them over for injuries, pests, etc. Thanks to everyone here for the great suggestions I used in designing and building my new coop. Now to just convince them to start using the new rollout nesting boxes!!

Your new coop looks beautiful! Great job! What did you use for the "hoop" part of your run?

FYI, if you are in Frozen Country, you might want to make your PDZ thicker during the Winter. I had some frozen :( But I had only a thin layer. I put in more so hopefully that will work better.
I don't like frozen poo, not chicken nor dog nor horse !

FYI, if you are in Frozen Country, you might want to make your PDZ thicker during the Winter. I had some frozen :( But I had only a thin layer. I put in more so hopefully that will work better.
Depends on how wet the poops are....and what is on the bottom of your poop board.
I still only use <1/2" and most frozen ones pop off the vinyl liner with a careful whack of hoe scraper. If they are really wet, takes more whacks, or I leave them.

Agreed, I go deeper with mine here in MN. the girls poops are mostly solid, but every once in awhile there is a mostly liquid one, then I can scoop under the frozen stuff and pick it right up.

Back
Top Bottom