Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Pics
Yes, absolutely. That's how i have them with an access door from the outside so taht I don't have to get on all fours on the floor to get to the eggs.

The hens love it because it is secluded and dark underneath the poopboard.

So, after I read everything I was able to talk my poor, overworked DH into building this into our temporary coop because on the second day of having chickens I wondered what I had gotten into! The smell was awful even with 2 screened walls
sickbyc.gif
, how bad can 4 chickens smell?!! In came the tray and roost, had just enough of the donkey's PDZ to cover most of the board. Came in on day three, what a difference, like night and day...I sprinkled some into the shaving on the floor. Picked up a another bag of PDZ, and a large kitty litter scooper and I'm not looking back, I've begged my husband to build the same into the coop design--Never going back!! Just be sure to get the tray the right length from the roost, he has to move the roost back about 3 inches. because somechicken keeps turning around to the front to poop right on the edge
somad.gif

So, after I read everything I was able to talk my poor, overworked DH into building this into our temporary coop because on the second day of having chickens I wondered what I had gotten into! The smell was awful even with 2 screened walls
sickbyc.gif
, how bad can 4 chickens smell?!! In came the tray and roost, had just enough of the donkey's PDZ to cover most of the board. Came in on day three, what a difference, like night and day...I sprinkled some into the shaving on the floor. Picked up a another bag of PDZ, and a large kitty litter scooper and I'm not looking back, I've begged my husband to build the same into the coop design--Never going back!! Just be sure to get the tray the right length from the roost, he has to move the roost back about 3 inches. because somechicken keeps turning around to the front to poop right on the edge
somad.gif

ya.gif
Sweet!

Yup, the boards need to be wide and deep for it to catch all the poop. My girls seem to be very talented with how far than can poop, lol.

I LOVE your avatar- every time I see it I think of Shrek...gotta love the donkey
big_smile.png

Trish

That's no donkey-- Jay-jay acts just like the golden retriever, wants to be petted, brays for us when we arrive home, and wants to eat everything! But instead of helping a stranger take the family sliver, he takes a bite out of crime-- for real,LOL. It's day fourteen on having my girls, I only wish my girls pooped as small as yours Spoiledchicken- Orpingtons do everything supersized-
ep.gif

Last edited:
That's no donkey-- Jay-jay acts just like the golden retriever, wants to be petted, brays for us when we arrive home, and wants to eat everything! But instead of helping a stranger take the family sliver, he takes a bite out of crime-- for real,LOL.

lau.gif

I think I need a donkey, lol!

Then again...my husband occasionally acts like one
hmm.png

Trish

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom