Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Pics
Very cool coop! My husband just finished our coop. Since we have a few weeks til the girls move in, I think I'll wait a little while before I suggest any modifications, lol. But what a great idea!!

WOW! Beautiful coop!
D.gif

We originally had plans to put a ladder roost in our coop. We even had it all built and ready to install, but after reading this thread I took it apart and built 'poop' boards. It looks alot nicer and should be easier to clean. Thanks for the ideas.

Six of the twelve girls went in last night. The other six should be going out in a week or so.

i have my roosts built and was going to use poop boards. But thanks to your lovely idea, I think i will add a trough of the PDZ. I wish i had seen this soonner. I built a ladder style roost and raised it vertically :( alot more boards to catch poop on :/

Day 6 of my big adventure in chicken land (still no chickens yet). So, I was at the swap shop flea market today. Thought I would poke my nose around and see if I could find something interesting and cheap to make my coop out of. Ofcourse, I have chicken on the brain right now, so my bat signal tells me that there are chickens in the pet area that sells parakeets. I head on over because after all this reading and research and still no chicken in my hands, I am dying to see and/touch one. WELL... I guess I don't have to tell YOU all that freakin A chickens stink!!!
hide.gif
I couldn't get away from that cage fast enough. I swear I can still smell it and this was hours ago. Ofcourse, I am a tough girl so that isn't going to sway me in the opposite direction. As I drive home I think of how poorly those animals were kept all cramped in there. It was a typpical gross flea market animal situation. poor things.

Then, just like I have done for the past 5 days now, I rush back to BYC to see if you all have the scoop on poop, and SURE ENOUGH I just finished reading every single page. YOU ALL ROCK!!!

Still no chickens, but when I do, they will have a poop board, and some PDZ. Moving forward, wondering what chicken adventure will I get into tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the info!

xoxo Annmarie

We originally had plans to put a ladder roost in our coop. We even had it all built and ready to install, but after reading this thread I took it apart and built 'poop' boards. It looks alot nicer and should be easier to clean. Thanks for the ideas.

Six of the twelve girls went in last night. The other six should be going out in a week or so.

AWESOME! I am saving this to show my husband. We are starting our coop in next few weeks and this, along with the orignal posters pics are GREAT.

NICE JOB
love.gif

You won't be disappointed with the poop boards. I think ladder roosts look real nice but can be a headache and hard to clean. Enjoy!

i have my roosts built and was going to use poop boards. But thanks to your lovely idea, I think i will add a trough of the PDZ. I wish i had seen this soonner. I built a ladder style roost and raised it vertically :( alot more boards to catch poop on :/
Pics? You might be best just doing the whole floor if you have a ladder roost.

Is PDZ the same thing as stall dry?
Yes, same thing. Just a different manufacturer. Try it and let us know if it works good!

Day 6 of my big adventure in chicken land (still no chickens yet). So, I was at the swap shop flea market today. Thought I would poke my nose around and see if I could find something interesting and cheap to make my coop out of. Ofcourse, I have chicken on the brain right now, so my bat signal tells me that there are chickens in the pet area that sells parakeets. I head on over because after all this reading and research and still no chicken in my hands, I am dying to see and/touch one. WELL... I guess I don't have to tell YOU all that freakin A chickens stink!!!
hide.gif
I couldn't get away from that cage fast enough. I swear I can still smell it and this was hours ago. Ofcourse, I am a tough girl so that isn't going to sway me in the opposite direction. As I drive home I think of how poorly those animals were kept all cramped in there. It was a typpical gross flea market animal situation. poor things.

Then, just like I have done for the past 5 days now, I rush back to BYC to see if you all have the scoop on poop, and SURE ENOUGH I just finished reading every single page. YOU ALL ROCK!!!

Still no chickens, but when I do, they will have a poop board, and some PDZ. Moving forward, wondering what chicken adventure will I get into tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the info!

xoxo Annmarie

Chicken poop sure does stink, lol. I think you get use to it eventually.

Good luck with the coop!

I am continually amazed at how helpful this site is. Thanks to all.
KJF

I LOVE BYC, always get lots of good info/ ideas. Plus I have made some pretty nice friends- sweet!

Trish

Seems we don't have enough room for poop boards under our roosts (opposite our nesting boxes)... so I figured I would prep the floor with a melamine surface and put the PDZ right on the floor, with the pine shavings under the nesting boxes. Hope it works. Otherwise, I may have to re-think our little coop.... maybe relocate the nesting boxes. A work in progress!!! Getting our first chickies TOMORROW!!!! so we have some time to work it out :)

Back
Top Bottom