Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Pics
I would extend it to the width of the bottom cabinet or 24"; whichever is easier. The problem of making it the width of the nest boxes is if they perch on the edge of the tray, the poop will fall to the cabinet below. I used 2X4's for the perch because we get below freezing and the width helps keep their toes insulated under their feathers but, if you're in Texas, you probably don't need to worry about that lol.

What? They don't automatically face forward? Why do they think the roost is on the front side? How dare they!?
lau.gif

Thanks, jrsckn - that thought hadn't crossed my mind!

Thanks also to you and thespoliedchicken for the measurements - now I know what needs to be done. Part of the "completion" phase this next week!

The perch/roost should be centered above the shelf, so 12inches from the wall if the shelf is 24 inches. So it can catch poop no matter which way they face...and from experience if the roost is too close to the wall, the wall can become, shall we say soiled?

After reading this I contacted my local TSC and they had Sweet PDZ so I bought some for the new chicks I got. I had them in a large water trough in our garage when very small and the Pdz worked great! No smell. Although there was a lot of "dust" from the chicks running around in it. TCS only had a very fine powdery granules. We are building our coop now and I will for sure be using this set up! Thanks for sharing with the pictures!

I built my poop trays lower than the framed bottom plates so my perch can sit on top of the bottom plate so the poop tray can slide in and out without having to worry about it hitting the perch. Here is a photo example. I am not sure if I described that correctly be try this out
Thanks

mike

I was told 2x4 layed flat. that way they can sit on their feet better in the winter to keep toes from freezing. I too, made the 24" poop boards and you really do need that room if you dont want them pooping on the 1x4 frames

Back
Top Bottom