Poop boards

https://blackjackcoatings.com/products/black-jack-rubr-coat-57

You can take a metal scraper and jam it underneath the frozen poop ball until it comes off (sometimes can be a bi**h but mostly PDZ sticks to the poop).

After you have done this you might have a scratch. No biggie. One day when you are feeling ambitious clear the board and vacuum, add another layer. (DO NOT LET IT FREEZE BEFORE DRY).
To clarify my question: will a paint scraper glide easily on a board that is coated with Blackjack? And, could I coat a remnant of linoleum in blackjack? Thank you, Ted!

To clarify my question: will a paint scraper glide easily on a board that is coated with Blackjack? And, could I coat a remnant of linoleum in blackjack? Thank you, Ted

Yes it will glide easily; BJ57 properly mixed is very much like paint and dries to a smooth surface.

However, as stated above, chicken poop will contact freeze to a BJ57 surface just as it will contact freeze to vinyl or linoleum. Removing contact frozen poop can be difficult.

The solution, largely, is PDZ on the drop board. The PDZ allows a very large percentage of the waste to be brushed (I use the scraper to do this) easily up onto a scoop for removal. I find once or twice a week in very cold weather (below -15C) a poop pile will stick and needs serious persuasion to be lifted.

I have never tried to coat linoleum with BJ57 but would guess that it will stick to almost anything you put it on.

Last edited:
Yes it will glide easily; BJ57 properly mixed is very much like paint and dries to a smooth surface.

However, as stated above, chicken poop will contact freeze to a BJ57 surface just as it will contact freeze to vinyl or linoleum. Removing contact frozen poop can be difficult.

The solution, largely, is PDZ on the drop board. The PDZ allows a very large percentage of the waste to be brushed (I use the scraper to do this) easily up onto a scoop for removal. I find one or twice a week in very cold weather (below -15C) a poop pile will stick and needs serious persuasion to be lifted.

I have never tried to coat linoleum with BJ57 but would guess that it will stick to almost anything you put it on.
Excellent. Thank you! I live in Washington State so we really don't have that type of extreme temp to worry about......at least for now.

Why would you want to do that?
Is it actually linoleum or is it vinyl, and is it in good shape or.....?
Because I believe Ted mentioned in a previous post that linoleum is not as durable as vinyl and since I have vinyl, why not throw some BJ on it? That's all.

$0.57 sq ft close out linoleum from lowes.
I used the same glue they use to install linoleum and my staple gun. I glued the top and bottom. I stapled the ends down on the bottom side after glued.
after three years of raking it still looks new. I use a kid size three piece toy yard tool set. The shovel handle was broken so it was marked down to $2. The mini leaf rake cleans the fine poop out of the PDZ after i get the big pieces with the mini steel yard rake. The backside of the yard rake is flat and i use it to scrape poop or bulldoze the PDZ around. The leaf rake will spread the PDZ evenly with ease.

Attachments

• SSPX1011.JPG
    SSPX1011.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    747.9 KB · Views: 7
Because I believe Ted mentioned in a previous post that linoleum is not as durable as vinyl and since I have vinyl, why not throw some BJ on it? That's all.
I've had vinyl on my poop boards, and coop floor, for 9 years.... not worn out.
Tho it is a good heavy duty foam back type.
If it did break down, I'd replace it not try to coat it.

Back
Top Bottom