Poop Hammock Rocks!!

Would it be easier to sew large "hems" in each side and slide the board through? You could have a couple made up and just swap them out. Metal bar instead of wood would be cleaner and they would not want to roost on them, if that's a worry. Sorry, just my brain running off at my mouth.
roll.png

This is exactly what I plan on doing. I haven't decided if I want to use wooden dowels or emt conduit. I know I have some conduit left over from another project, if its long enough, I'll use that. I plan on putting up some brackets like in a closet for it to rest on (like this).

Poop hammock! Why have I not thought about this before! This will change my life. I'm going to have a go at making one tomorrow. Thanks for posting this. Also, it would make a great name for a punk rock band - Rotten Rooster and the Poop Hammocks...

Would it be easier to sew large "hems" in each side and slide the board through? You could have a couple made up and just swap them out. Metal bar instead of wood would be cleaner and they would not want to roost on them, if that's a worry. Sorry, just my brain running off at my mouth.
roll.png
Awesome idea. I will definitely sew my next set. Too cold here for metal, but my wood will work too Thanks for the idea.

What about 1/2 inch pvc pipe? Light weight and doesn't absorb poo.
Excellent idea. My next set of hammocks will be vastly improved and those of you making new ones get the benefit of everyone's great advice. I just love this site.

I'm scrapping the sewing idea - my serger & sewing machines want nothing to do that woven plastic material. I think I'm going to try hot glue, hopefully it holds because its all I've got right now
tongue.png
We picked up 3/4" pvc. It was $2 for 10ft (x2, so $4 total) and the wooden dowels were something like $1.25/foot! The pvc is a little bendy, this may or may not be a good thing...only one way to find out!

I'm scrapping the sewing idea - my serger & sewing machines want nothing to do that woven plastic material. I think I'm going to try hot glue, hopefully it holds because its all I've got right now
tongue.png
We picked up 3/4" pvc. It was $2 for 10ft (x2, so $4 total) and the wooden dowels were something like $1.25/foot! The pvc is a little bendy, this may or may not be a good thing...only one way to find out!
My sewing machine is one of the old black and gold singers, it sews the bags with no problem. But those old machines are pretty special!

Oh, I've been wanting to get a really old Singer! (with the treadle!). My machine is a Janome, I just had it serviced but I think there's something wrong with the bobbin (it bunches up on the back of the material...not sure whats going on). I think I'm going to have to take it back in
hmm.png

By the way, the hot glue is a joke....did not work at all. I'm not sure what I'll do now. I guess either get my machine fixed (again) or get a decent adhesive. It would be so easy if my machine wasn't putting up a fight!

snaps and grommets would be my choice. they're easy to put in with a setting tool and a hammer.
sewing would be nice but it would take me all winter with a needle, thread and thimble.
i do like the idea and will be making one for my chicken's coop - lots of great ideas on this site.

Back
Top Bottom