poop tray in coop

Without knowing what sort of setup you have it will be difficult to make a good suggestion -- perhaps you can share some pictures of your setup and where you want/need the tray to be used.

Well I wanted on the floor of my coop so I don't have to shovel it out.

Where can I find/buy a pan for my chicken coop? Here is a look at my poop boards and my set up in case your pans are hard to find.
Poop boards should be located higher than your nest boxes an preferably the highest spot for roosting through the night.
I have my 2x4 roost 3½ inches from my poop board.

I find the spacing ideal it saves the day when eggs are laid through the night while they are roosting.

I have my roost in cups and can just put them to one side when cleaning the board.

In my nest boxes I fold a feed bag to fit (nest boxes are 1 ft³). When a bag gets soiled; fold a new one; pop out the soiled; pop in the new.

Easy peasy!.

Chicken coop is salvaged 4x8 metal shed.

My roost over my poop boards is very similar to this photo (except my roost are resting on the lower 2x4).
I recently friction fit a piece of vinyl flooring over my poop board.it makes clean up even easier; Pop out; Scrap; Hose; Pop in.

Winter months even easier flex over compost bin DONE!

Easy peasy!.

Last edited:
I am going to try using the solid plastic trays that come with flats of flowers. I clipped the short edges together and the whole system simply pulls out for cleaning. They fit nicely under the roost- we'll see how it goes.

Two weeks later....working beautifully!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom