Porcelain Project

Don't forget about the Silkies of a Different color thread too! I have read that thread so many times. I love all the colors there!

Yes! I love that shot Mumsy. May I include it with my other CatDance pictures? I will always give you credit if I use it if you give me permission to do that. I loved both of your porcelain boys. Mine were marked POR and POR II.

My lavender rooster has what PeepBlessed (another CatDance breeder in California) called as fret marks. Her rooster had it also (I tried to show it below).My lavender Ameraucana roosters have it as well.

I think I am going to use this girl in the porcelain pen. You can see my porcelain hen in the background left of the first picture to see the actual color difference. You think she will be OK?

I have a lavender silkie pullet with the same "fret" marks. I always wondered what they were called. I really like them! Could that be what my chick has? I'll have to look again.

I think your pullet is beautiful but know too little to give an opinion. That being said I really love the hen on the left! I'm watching to see what others think. I really enjoy this thread but it makes me anxious for my older girls to start laying.

Fur N Feathers: You may use the picture if you give me credit for the image.

I didn't have any of my males long enough to see if they developed fret marks.

I love all your birds. I don't see how you can go wrong. Truly!

ashtree: Thank you. I often talk to my husband about making the four hour drive back to Karen's farm for more eggs, but I am working with what I have this year.

Karen and her partner work hard to care for their farm and animals. She has a dog and an Arabian horse too. Just feeding and watering their birds takes many hours. I can't imagine how hard it is to collect eggs, clean the pens, and care for chicks! Not to mention up keep on all the barns. They live many miles from any town. She told me they would like to travel to more shows but couldn't because it cost so much to hire help while they would be gone. I totally understand them wanting to down size. If I remember correctly, she said she was thinking about it.

My six Catdance birds are the prized possessions in my flock. Each chick from her breeding is a gift.

I spend hours every evening researching genetics and possible breeding outcomes. So much to learn. So much to learn....

Mumsy on her facebook page it says she now lives in Oregon. Did you know that? My CatDance are my treasures as well and mine traveled all the way to Texas by USPS. Let me tell you I am thankful for the ones I have.

Thank you both. I wasn't sure since she has the charcoal collar. I have seen the porcelain roosters with this though never a hen. I posted her in the Silkies of a different color thread I don't know how many times trying to get someone to tell me a color on her. No one ever did.

Did you start a project partridge thread? Do you mind if I join you over there as well?

Mumsy on her facebook page it says she now lives in Oregon. Did you know that? My CatDance are my treasures as well and mine traveled all the way to Texas by USPS. Let me tell you I am thankful for the ones I have.

Thank you both. I wasn't sure since she has the charcoal collar. I have seen the porcelain roosters with this though never a hen. I posted her in the Silkies of a different color thread I don't know how many times trying to get someone to tell me a color on her. No one ever did.

Did you start a project partridge thread? Do you mind if I join you over there as well?
No. I don't follow many on facebook. I spend most of my time here when I'm online and researching. I didn't know she was living in Oregon. Her farm is very near state lines though.

I did start a thread about my partridge project and a red silkie project too. I would love for you to join in. The more voices, the better.
big_smile.png

edited to add: I just looked up her facebook and it still lists her address in Yacolt, Washington.

Last edited:
Yeah I have been trying to find the post that gives the Oregon location. She was advertising some eggs and some previous posts she was selling roosters. It was on the Silkie Chat thread I think. I am very rarely on there also. It's why it is taking me so long. The facebook for the farm still says Washington.

I think it was in the middle of June and I am only back to July 10th!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom