Possible lymphoid leucosis neoplastic tumor + Update: Not injury. Confirmed to be a tumor

These lesions are painful, make no mistake. I've used 2xdaily one quarter tablet ibuprofen with good luck to control pain. I also have used cortisone cream on the lesion for pain relief. Both of those control tissue inflammation as an added benefit.

Currently my roo is on no pain relief and doing fine. I gauge how much pain he is having by how much he involves himself in or withdraws from day to day activities. Besides occasionally trying to "shake off" the pain, he hasn't altered his daily routine.
Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate your help. I will get started with the pain management. Are you finding that the lesions are slow growing?

Yes, very slow growing, at least in my experience with them in my flock. It's true of all squamous cell carcinomas. I had one removed from my hand just a few weeks ago, and it's not the first. They can eventually metastasize, but chickens would likely be dead of old age before it happens.
Thank you so very much and I'm send good energy your way that you get a break with your skin. 😊

Two years later, I can finally confirm that Tootsie has a tumor, not an injury.

About a year ago, someone here suggested I try an enzyme called Serrapeptase. I treated him for about three months with it. The tumor shrunk. It seemed to work. The tumor shrank, and it's remained the same size until just recently. So I decided to give him another round of the enzyme therapy. The photo below is what the tumor looks like today.

This enzyme has been used to treat squamous cancers to good effect. Let's see what another round will do for Toots.
P1010040.jpeg
P1010042.jpeg

Two years later, I can finally confirm that Tootsie has a tumor, not an injury.

About a year ago, someone here suggested I try an enzyme called Serrapeptase. I treated him for about three months with it. The tumor shrunk. It seemed to work. The tumor shrank, and it's remained the same size until just recently. So I decided to give him another round of the enzyme therapy. The photo below is what the tumor looks like today.

This enzyme has been used to treat squamous cancers to good effect. Let's see what another round will do for Toots.View attachment 3804135View attachment 3804136
That does look better than it did a while back. Good luck on your second round of treatment!

Back
Top Bottom