Possible White Eye Peahen?

Faisal12

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
Bahrain
I recently bought this female adding it to my breeding pen..
They told me its from pied parent
I can see all these white spots on her back and wings.. I'm wondering if its white eye or not?
do you recommend to mate it with IB male or White male? what I can get from here?
I appreciate your help!
Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 9.54.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 9.54.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 9.54.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 9.55.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 9.55.38 PM.png

@KsKingBee Thank you for your time to reply!
I have few question regarding WE..
is White Peafowl a White eye?
from pictures I saw in the internet, a White Eye Peahen should have white dots on her tail but with my Peahen I see it on her back and shoulders, is this WE Peafowl too?
What are the possible Peachick coming from mating her with White Peacock?
I'm very curious to learn more about them!
Appreciate your help!

@KsKingBee Thank you for your time to reply!
I have few question regarding WE..
is White Peafowl a White eye?
from pictures I saw in the internet, a White Eye Peahen should have white dots on her tail but with my Peahen I see it on her back and shoulders, is this WE Peafowl too?
What are the possible Peachick coming from mating her with White Peacock?
I'm very curious to learn more about them!
Appreciate your help!
White and White Eye are two different genes, with either it takes two of those genes to produce full pattern, if only one gene they are considered split to that pattern.

What you are calling white dots should actually be a white frosting on the tips of the feathers. They are usually on the top or side of the bird.

There are a lot of possibilities and they depend on what she is carrying. This can help you decipher the possibilities without me having to do a lot of typing.

http://www.leggspeafowl.com/basic-genetics.html

More information can be found in the 'Stickies Index' at the top of the main Peafowl page.

Back
Top Bottom