Possums and skunks

The condition of the liver tells many things but is not an indicator of rabies.
Cool beans. I was mainly saying if it was sick at all we don’t feed it. So please just stop already

Possums will also kill chickens if the opportunity arises. If they find a dead or injured chicken they will definitely eat it.
Not to mention they were after our BABY ones in a separate coop

Not to mention they were after our BABY ones in a separate coop
Rabies is a pretty serious subject. I think it just needs to be clear that no one should ever go near or touch an animal that may have rabies. This is a disease without a cure and is 99.9% lethal. Way worse than Covid, Ebola or most other diseases. This is one subject where there is no room for old wives tales.

Cool beans. I was mainly saying if it was sick at all we don’t feed it. So please just stop already
Comes on discussion forum: Gets pissy if people discuss what was posted.

On another part of your post. I had a skunk that lived under my chicken coop for three years and interacted with the chickens daily. During that time, raccoon attacks on my chickens went to zero. Well worth the very few eggs the skunk ate. Seems silly to kill skunks.

There are predators everywhere. If you have a secure run and pen for your birds, no need to try and eliminate all the potential predators around you (impossible anyways and a waste of time).
Well that’s you. We like to live predator free and my son is a butcher and this is practice for him . It’s not a waste of time as it’s practice and he loves it. To each their own:) not being pissy, but just stating it’s our way of life. None of us has been sick and we live by the laws of dnr on dispatch and trapping.we haven’t lost one bird! Be well .

Comes on discussion forum: Gets pissy if people discuss what was posted.

On another part of your post. I had a skunk that lived under my chicken coop for three years and interacted with the chickens daily. During that time, raccoon attacks on my chickens went to zero. Well worth the very few eggs the skunk ate. Seems silly to kill skunks.
Skunks we’re after my baby birds. Think what you will, they definitely tried over here.

Back
Top Bottom