Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
Quote:
I'm sorry about that too, I hatched 6 out of 8 or Aubreys eggs which is pretty good for with record, but I picked the eggs up from his house, so I cheated a bit LOL

27377_phoenix_roo_and_ducks_003.jpg

Aubrey here is my white Phoenix Roo that I had asked you about in my email. He is about 2 years old.

Misty

Yep Misty, he doesn't look like a pure phoenix. He could have polish in him like Aubrey said, but I had a Silkie X Game cross roo that looked similar to that so he may be Silke X Phoenix, but not pure phoenix with that comb and crest.

Misty4774,

Very nice looking white Phoenix rooster!
thumbsup.gif

However, I must agree with Chris09...the comb shape and body form looks crossed to some sort of gamefowl. Nevertheless, nice shot and keep us posted! ; )

- Tommy

I would definitely say polish and not toppie. Polish do not have all the saddle modifiers that a lot of the game breeds do. Sometimes you can even see one that has long tail and/or saddle feathers.

Here are some updated pics of Champ. I agree that he is looking rather roo-ish. I have 12 more eggs from Aubrey in the 'bator now that are due to lockdown on 4/20. I wonder if I will get more of this unusual color.

073.jpg

072.jpg

074.jpg

Back
Top Bottom