Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
Quote:
of course they are, they are brothers to that white one in question on what type of mix it was, still say polish myself, but without background, no one will TRULEY know for sure

LOLOH, i missed that part. yea i would say polish too, but like you said no one know with out knowing the back ground. you said it.

lol.png
figured you must have!!

Hey Guys
this is the explanation I got from Blackdotte. BTW, they are Phoenix Bantams.

Hi Misty,
We do not have Phoenix in Australia so I have never worked with them.
Obtaining White birds from coloured parents would indicate the presence of Recessive White in both parents, ie they were both heterozygous for the C+ & c alleles. C+= Coloured, c= lack of colour (white). So C+/c X C+/c can produce C+/C+ coloured birds, C+/c coloured birds carrying the recessive & c/c Recessive White birds.
Both D^v Duplex 'V' comb & Cr Crest are dominant over d+ normal comb & cp+ lack of crest. D^v is incompletely dominant & has variable penetration it is possible that it could be present but overlooked in females.
Cr expression varies widely & this maybe due to the type of comb it is associated with.
The fullest expression is seen when there is a combination of D^v & Cr.
Hope that is of some help.
David

dont know about the crest stuff, but that's right on the color, there are no dominate white phoenixes out there, they mostly all can be traced back to silver duckings w' rec white back grounds. Most all will have some little ting of color some where on them eventually, both my males have a small, black line on a tail feather each

I apologize if this is a bit tactless, but I am relatively new here and have very few friends on BYC. I entered a pic of my bantam Phoenix "Champ" and my kids in a photo contest here on BYC. I have not gotten many votes and I think it's because people are voting for their friends. Since I have posted several times on this thread, I was hoping that some of you would vote for me. Please only vote for me if you really think that the pic I entered is cute. Here is the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=330279
And
here is the pic:
009-3.jpg

Thank you and sorry for the hijack
hide.gif

Just an update on my Phoenix Bantam eggs from BBB. I have 3 chicks and at least 4 pips. They are in the bator with EE's and Black Australorps, so it's hard to see. I have another black one, but the other two are chipmunk striped. It's only day 20, so there is still time for the rest. I will post pics as soon as I can.

ALL TEN HAVE HATCHED!!!!!
wee.gif

Sorry to yell, but I'm thrilled. So I now have 3 chipmunk striped, 4 that look yellow (they are still wet), and 3 black. I had to help one of the yellow ones. It was one of the first to pip, but hadn't hatched. I'm not sure if it will make it because I dropped the egg when I was trying to get it out of the bator quickly. Thankfully I have silver nitrate sticks here because it started bleeding pretty bad from the spot where the yolk attatches. Anyhoo, I couldn't be happier. 10 out of 12 shipped eggs is a pretty good hatch rate. I will post pics as soon as they are dry enough.
woot.gif

DONT KILL 'EM DROPPIN THEM!!
lol.png
lol.png

Glad to hear you got 10, I try my best to ship good.. You got some of all 3 sounds like, silver duckwing, white, and brown red, is what we have been calling the darker ones, still havent seen a good pic of an older one to tell yet, should have some that age in another month or two , so we can know for sure, but they arent all black for sure. Do tend to be getting the brown red marking from what I've seem

Anyway, congrats on the hatch!!!

Well I finally got some pics of my pullets, they are about 3 months old, I have 2 Whites and 1 of those Brown Reds, but as you can see in the pics, her markings have turned silver instead of gold.

37373_p_4.jpg

37373_p_3.jpg

37373_p2.jpg

37373_p1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom