Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
Quote:
Aubrey and I have been calling the ones we hatched from his eggs that were that color, Brown Reds, becuase the looked like the brown red color when they hatched. though I see that yours still has the brown colored markins on her, but on mine, her browns seems to be turning more of a silver color, yours may do the same. I'll have to get some updated pics of her and her two white sisters. I'll try tomorrow.

And mine is older than yours and I'm pretty sure she has less of a comb than yours so I'm kinda wondering if yours may be a roo ? Aubrey and I also noticed that as chicks, the females are getting longer tails while the males were keeping kind of pom pom looking tails, and yours has the shorter tail too, so ..... I'll getcha some pics soon.

And Aubrey, I'l like to see some pics of the combs and tails on the ones that you are thinking were roos from yours too if you can get some.

Clint!

How are you my friend? Hope all is well. So did you and Aubrey make the trip up Toni yet? Or what about Charles? Anyhow, black Phoenix? Don't see that often. Just curious as to where its from cuz its amazing you guys are breeding them! : )

Keep my posted buddy

- Tommy

Quote:
Aubrey,

Ditto from Clint. Would love to see some pictures. Really nice work going on! Haven't been on here for awhile and you and Clint are making quite a progress ; )
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
hey Tommy,
Good to hear from you,
Hate you lost your greys!! That stinks.
Should be headed to TM this month some time. Gone get some of those blacks too to add to these, cant wait, really love this breed!!

Hey Tommy Great to hear from you again . And I'm doing great, how bout you ?

I'll go out in a few minutes and get some pics of my phoenix pullets from Aubrey, this black or brown red color as we have been calling them, can from Aubreys white roos on the golden hens. It's interesting how we got this color but we'll see what we can do.

Like Aubrey head, we're hoping he can go up later this month to get us some eggs from Toni Marie once she hatches everything she needs. I've talked to her on the phone a few times and she's such a nice lady and she sent me those two Red Pyle Phoenix roos that I posted someone on her. We're hoping to get lots more colors to add to them from Toni Marie and we'll keep up guys updated on what we get and how they do.

And I am also very sorry to hear about the loss of your Greys Junglefowl, I hope you can get some replacements and just go ahead and send me some while your at it, LOL

take care

Clint

Hey B.B.B and other Phoenix lovers...any guess as to what color this little chipmunk marked chick will be?
DSCN0888.jpg

I also had one hatch that is a charcoal black but I think I see some brown coming in. I don't have any decent pics of the little guy. I'll try and get some of the little guy this weekend.

Quote:
Did your eggs come from Aubrey ? The chick you posted likes like a silver, and what you are describing in the black chick with brown coming in sounds like the ones that we have been calling brown reds that were hatched from Aubreys eggs.

If you eggs did come from Aubrey, then you can possibly hatch silvers, whites, and those black colored ones.

Quote:
Strike that. Toni-Marie emailed me last night saying that she will be sending me 4-5 dozen of what ever is laying on monday morning. She is such an awesome person.

I assume Aubrey will still be going up to meet her, see her birds in person, and get his eggs though.

Yep, I got a half dozen eggs from Aubrey off of ebay. Unfortunately I just had the two hatch...I attribute it to my inexperience at hatching. I had 5 out of 6 make it to lockdown 2 pipped and hatched right away but 3 didn't do anything.
sad.png
But I'm very glad I atleast got these two.

Back
Top Bottom