Post pics of stock from Cackle Hatchery

I ordered the Assorted Bantam Mix. I ordered 15 and they sent us 18, and we didn't complain. ^_^

We got:
3 White Silkies
2 Black Silkies
2 Golden Laced Cochins
2 Japansese Mottled
1 Rhode Island Red
1 Blue Rosecomb
1 Buff Brahma
1 Porcelain d'Uccle
1 Mille Fluer d'Uccle
2 Ginger Red OEGB
1 Blue OEGB
1 Black OEGB

Chick Pics:(sorry if they are out of order) 3 Days Old

All of my Spitzhauben are either from Cackle, or are descendants of the birds I got from Cackle ( I think the adult birds here are F1s - the rooster in my avatar was a cackle chick).

And here they were in their box:

Does anyone on here have any adult silkies from there? I'd like to see what they look like as adults before ordering them. :) Ya know lol

I've gotten a Silkies a couple times in the Cackle Hatchery Surprise box... I've kept one black pullet, two buff pullets and one white cockerel. They were all killed by a dog when the hens were 18 months and the cockerel was 8ish weeks. I don't have any pictures of the cockerel. They were incredibly stupid birds, but they laid a lot better than I expected (once they finally started laying). I thought they looked nice enough, but I have no idea what a good silkie looks like besides the dark skin and other obvious traits

Here are some images of the hens (they were somewhere around a year old:

After a big storm caught the birds by surprise, shows the comb and color:

Thanks you, popsicle!I think I might get an order of 15+ and sell the extra to make my money back. :) I might get 25. We'll see how much extra $ I have. I'll probably get an assorted mix, lol. If I do get them, then I'll be back to post on here to show the quality

Back
Top Bottom