Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Here is a silver phoenix hen from Ideal. About 6 -7 months in the pic. I have had excellent customer service from them and great stock.

7892_hpim2533.jpg

We have gotten quite a few ducks and geese from Ideal, but they also sent 12 packing peanuts along with one of our orders... Those were some nice roos! I loved 'em
smile.png
Great gaurd dogs (they would chase strangers off the property - literally! If they didn't know you, you were fair game
lau.gif
). They were very nice to me though. Here's a picture of one of them. I think they were RIR's...

27475_animals_17.jpg

I am new to the whole "chicken" phenom... I purchased my first set of day-olds from Ideal in July and have been very happy with all of them. They have not begun to lay yet but I'm sure they will start soon if not definitely in the spring. As far as quality, I am only interested in eggs, not showing. They have been very healthy and happy birds. I will try to post some recent pics but here are a few; one of Fire, a SS, Fiora, a BO, Chloe, our Silkie who has yet to be renamed now that we know she is a he, and our ducks we purchased from Ideal as well. The chickens are about 3 months old in these pictures.

43737_ideal1.jpg

43737_105_2011.jpg

43737_105_2010.jpg

43737_105_2233.jpg

43737_105_2228.jpg

They are a great HATCHERY, but I did waste a lot of money this year on their silkies, never again! They were horrid looking little monsters (and I love silkies, but these looked like little buzzards, LOL), looked just like the lavender ones pictured earlier. I had about 6 colors from them, supossed to be both bearded and non bearded, none were bearded, didnt even want to use them for color projects (my intent to start with) They were just too far away from the standard, 3-4 toes, pink toes,little to no foot feathering, no crest at all, just little mongerals. Half of them had hard feathers too??

Now, I also got some old english from them too for color projects, I have to say they were fairly decent birds, still hatchery style ones, but at least fit the profile for an o.e.

If you are just wanting birds for the backyard, nothing serious, then they are one of the best ones to use! If you want high quality birds, always go to a private breeder.... Ideal does have some of the best customer service you'll find in a hatchery too I might add.

Back
Top Bottom