Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

I am pleased with the fowl I have rec'd from Ideal over the past 2 years. I have EEs and Barred Holland. No Problems with health (I am in Louisiana and very close to their local in TX). Of my 5 BH hens 3 lay white eggs and 1 lays an ever-so-light creme egg. . . They are friendly birds and not bad quality for such a rare breed. I plan to order from Ideal in the future.

Scott LeJeune
Oakdale, Louisiana

my sumatra lays tinted eggs.... they are just an off white color.... not chalk white. i was expecting a cream colored egg or maybe even like a blueish tinted egg.... nope just off white....lol
Thanks! I was thinking of throwing a couple of pullets in with an order this spring, and was a little put off by that.

SilkiesForEver: Cute Cochins!

Just wanted to post pics of my babies from Ideal.

D'uccles

Bantam Cochins

Sultan bantams

I love the pictures. I like seeing them grow, especially the cochins and sultans
wee.gif

I can only say good things about Ideal Poultry. Every chicken we own has come from Ideal. They are wonderful birds, even if they aren't show-quality!

What they lack in show-quality, they make up for in disposition.

We loooooooove our chickens! We will always be Ideal Customers!

my two ideal silkies

polish from Ideal they are about 4 mos old

some close ups

unfortunaly some of them do have crocked toes im not sure what that is caused by.

update: (NOTE all shots inside the coop i had to use flash on there is no shafting on these birds just light reflecting)

this is from about a month ago my d'uccle roo Sabin watching a hawk from the safety of a fully enclosed coop.(very muddy out his foot feathers matted a bit and he lost some -.-) normally they go from the middle toe outwards fully feathered as with my hen

d'uccle hen also had a bit of a matting problem with her feet normally it doesnt rain much here so i wasnt prepared to protect everyones feet as i was away at the time so feet feather quality in these shots are not at their best.

i had to use flash in this picture but her feathers are solid black no shafting. cochin bantam

my blue is odd i didnt expect perfection as she is a self blue but her head and wing tips are considerably darker in color and her rump is lighter than the others.

black frizzle.

i will get shots of the Orps, Min's and jerseys later tomorrow some of the mins are getting their white earlobes very nicely =D

Last edited:
I have a bunch of Orloffs from Ideal - I ordered a bunch and have kept the nicest, my keepers are nicer than I expected from a hatchery!

I also have a few random girls...one is a silver lakenvelder (came with the surprise special).
I sold *most* of the others from that special, but she had a lot of personality so I kept her. I caught her in the nest box today - she should start laying soon.

I have one silver spangled hamburg - very pretty, but she is nervous. I just moved her into the big coop this week, I'm hoping she'll settle down soon!

Also...I don't have any pictures, but I have a black NN pullet. She just laid her first egg this week - she's the same age as the two pictured above, a little over 6 months old. I got her so my mom could have her "own" chicken in my flock - my mom loves naked things...LOL The pullet's name is Nadia, she is super friendly and sweet.

Back
Top Bottom