Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Yep, that's def a mix up! Looks like I will have to find someone to process my Roos because I will not be up for it! I will never allow males for warmth again... Lesson learned:/

Thank you for confirming that they mark males. Too bad the lady on the phone didn't know this. All the white ones plus the darker reds were marked.

Out of my order of 10 pullets, ten were marked, one died. Out of 6 unmarked, one died. So what happened? Where are my pullets? Ugh!
I think that calls for a complaint. Sounds like they really mucked up. Ideal's supposed to have excellent customer service; maybe you can get them to work something out?

I'm really annoyed but glad to finally know. I just hope they don't do this to someone who culls on the spot :(. Seems like a basic thing: count to ten and then add a few males for warmth. I didn't push for more than compensation for the missing ones and dead one. I am not good at that kind of thing.... But ideal will not be on my speed dial!

they gave me the wrong color on some of my chicks in my order so it is posable they made a mistake.

i was ordered 3 black crested white polish and they sent me 3 white crested blue polish

That's too bad about the mix up and I'm sure they'll send you the correct color.

These blues are adorable though!

jenfarsh, did you order an assortment of pullets? The easiest way to figure it out would be to know what breeds you ordered, but of course if you got an assortment that doesn't help! Most of the pics look like pullets to me, but it's hard to tell for sure from the pictures.

If you're positive they're all roosters, you definitely should contact Ideal. This is from their website:

SEXING: 90% Sexing Accuracy Guaranteed - If greater than 10% males are received in a pullet order of 25 or more, IDEAL will refund the difference between pullet and male price for all excess males. IDEAL makes no guarantee of sex when male chicks are purchased nor does IDEAL guarantee the percent of pullets in straight run chicks except that they will be boxed as hatched.

It says 25 or more, but I have heard many people say they had sexing issues in smaller orders that Ideal fixed. It's worth a try at least.

That's too bad about the mix up and I'm sure they'll send you the correct color.

These blues are adorable though
they proabuly would but my husband said that we did not need 25 more chicks and they proably would not sent just three
sad.png
and that color was the one i wanted most. They were strait run and all 3 turned out to be all roosters also
this is the only one i will keep.

they proabuly would but my husband said that we did not need 25 more chicks and they proably would not sent just three
sad.png
and that color was the one i wanted most. They were strait run and all 3 turned out to be all roosters also
this is the only one i will keep.

Too bad about the roosters! This is one handsome guy though. Perhaps you could find another hatchery that allows just three to be sent.

I think My Pet Chicken does small orders...and in april murray mcmurray is lowing their number to 15...i know this is an IDEAL thread but just some thoughts

I think My Pet Chicken does small orders...and in april murray mcmurray is lowing their number to 15...i know this is an IDEAL thread but just some thoughts
i don't know about my pet chicken but mcmurray dose not carrie that color it is kind of rare i was so excited to see that ideal had it and then real disapponted when it didn't get what i wanted.

Last edited:
Ideal allows orders of small numbers -- their minimum is $25, not any number, not counting shipping or all-male selections. If you don't see enough chickens that interest you to reach that amount, perhaps you could split it with somebody else who only wants a small order?

Back
Top Bottom