Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Just got my babies all settled in! They look GREAT and they're all doing good! I got 7 silkies and 11 Roos..... I have no idea what I'm going to do with the extras.... Lol I will try to figure out how to post pics (I took them on my phone)
That's wonderful news! Can't wait to see the photos. Lots of cockerels- lol! Maybe post a flyer at the feed store and see if anyone else needs a roo.

BTW, where are you? Ideal is in Texas and I'm wondering how far your shipment traveled. Mine will be coming to Massachusetts, but I'm hoping the flight is direct to Boston. My post office is very good about pickups and contacting me when chickens arrive. But it's a long trip no matter what.

Last edited:
That's wonderful news! Can't wait to see the photos. Lots of cockerels-  lol! Maybe post a flyer at the feed store and see if anyone else needs a roo. 

BTW, where are you? Ideal is in Texas and I'm wondering how far your shipment traveled. Mine will be coming to Massachusetts, but I'm hoping the flight is direct to Boston. My post office is very good about pickups and contacting me when chickens arrive. But it's a long trip no matter what.

That's a good idea. My husband and dad wanna eat them. They're just so sweet to my baby silkies though :/ I'm just a few hours away in Oklahoma! I wouldn't worry about them. I think they'll be fine! :) they little Roos are so good with them!

So sorry! I keep mine in a brooder inside our enclosed porch or the garage until they are 6 weeks old and have all of their feathers. Then I move them out to the coop outside.
Well I have mine in the barn and there's no wind or anything they were soooo tiny so I guess they still got a little chilly :( when I went home at lunch, everyone was doing great and it warmed up quite a bit so hopefully we'll be good :)

Well I have mine in the barn and there's no wind or anything they were soooo tiny so I guess they still got a little chilly :( when I went home at lunch, everyone was doing great and it warmed up quite a bit so hopefully we'll be good :)

I hope so. This crazy cold weather needs to go away for good.!
We almost lost one of our silkies. I think the little guy was not smart enough to figure out the water bucket we have (it's from Atwoods and it has little nipple things they peck at to drink water). 2 days ago I decided to hold him and encourage him to drink water from a little bowl and he drank and drank, so I'm guessing he was just really dehydrated. Every couple of hours I grab him up and let him drink and he seems to be doing fine now, although he is much smaller than the other silkies now.

I hope so. This crazy cold weather needs to go away for good.!
We almost lost one of our silkies. I think the little guy was not smart enough to figure out the water bucket we have (it's from Atwoods and it has little nipple things they peck at to drink water). 2 days ago I decided to hold him and encourage him to drink water from a little bowl and he drank and drank, so I'm guessing he was just really dehydrated. Every couple of hours I grab him up and let him drink and he seems to be doing fine now, although he is much smaller than the other silkies now.

I'm pretty sure I know what waterer you are talking about and I have it! Haha mine are doing good with it so far but I got worried and put a dish out there for them. Everyone was good at lunch and now that I'm home from work and really looking after them, they seem to be doing great! So like you said, fingers crossed! Have you ever done the mealworm farming? I'm really considering it! I think it would be a good, cheap investment

Back
Top Bottom