Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

I
I'm pretty sure I know what waterer you are talking about and I have it! Haha mine are doing good with it so far but I got worried and put a dish out there for them. Everyone was good at lunch and now that I'm home from work and really looking after them, they seem to be doing great! So like you said, fingers crossed! Have you ever done the mealworm farming? I'm really considering it! I think it would be a good, cheap investment

have never heard of it? Give me details please!

I hope so. This crazy cold weather needs to go away for good.!
I LOVE this weather!!! It will get HOT, HOT, HOT soon enough
lau.gif

Have you ever done the mealworm farming? I'm really considering it! I think it would be a good, cheap investment
Yep, it is REALLY easy, so easy that I am tired of them and just ignore them thinking they will die off, but they don't LOL!!!!! The chickens LOVE them, I give them in all stages, from worm to pupa to beetle.

Sorry you lost a couple of the chicks. They can be pretty sensitive the first couple of weeks, so I hope the rest are adjusting well to their new home. I'm planning to keep mine in a huge Rubbermaid tub with the brood light hanging over one end so the chicks can get closer to or farther away from the heat as needed. Last time I got a hatchery order, I kept them in my kitchen until they were feathered out enough to go out in the barn (with their brood lamp). I'm getting only bantams this time, so they can stay in the house a bit longer than standard breeds without outgrowing their "brooder."

I'm a little anxious about how my chicks will fare when they journey from Texas to Massachusetts. My McMurray chicks traveled from Iowa which isn't quite as far. All of them arrived in great condition. I'm sure the chicks from Ideal will be fine too, like you say. But I'm still an anxious "mama."

Sorry you lost a couple of the chicks. They can be pretty sensitive the first couple of weeks, so I hope the rest are adjusting well to their new home. I'm planning to keep mine in a huge Rubbermaid tub with the brood light hanging over one end so the chicks can get closer to or farther away from the heat as needed. Last time I got a hatchery order, I kept them in my kitchen until they were feathered out enough to go out in the barn (with their brood lamp). I'm getting only bantams this time, so they can stay in the house a bit longer than standard breeds without outgrowing their "brooder."

I'm a little anxious about how my chicks will fare when they journey from Texas to Massachusetts. My McMurray chicks traveled from Iowa which isn't quite as far. All of them arrived in great condition. I'm sure the chicks from Ideal will be fine too, like you say. But I'm still an anxious "mama."
Everyone seems to be doing great now! All eating and drinking.... Sometimes things just happen! I will have to order from McMurray sometime! Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

well we got are last order in at the feed store. as far as chicks go.. lost one this time and 2 ducks but hey thats not bad at all.. i think it just was ill or something but the other 100 pullets we got in are doing great.. got a question little silver and black chicks with feathers on there feet any clue what they are? they came in as a heavy assortment batch. cant wait tho i think we got one more shipment left.. midget white turkeys.. going to get me a few when they come in or all i should say..lol

well we got are last order in at the feed store. as far as chicks go.. lost one this time and 2 ducks but hey thats not bad at all.. i think it just was ill or something but the other 100 pullets we got in are doing great.. got a question little silver and black chicks with feathers on there feet any clue what they are? they came in as a heavy assortment batch. cant wait tho i think we got one more shipment left.. midget white turkeys.. going to get me a few when they come in or all i should say..lol
Those chicks might be splash or birchen cochin bantams.

If you do do McMurray, can you tell me how that works out for you? I was wanting to order some White Orpingtons from them.
Ok I will! It will probably be a while.... I think if I acquire anymore babies this year, my husband is going to freak out! Haha!

Here are my 2 girls - one is a silver spangled hamburg, the other is a silver lakenvelder. They're about 9 months old.

The lakenvelder is pretty friendly, I like her personality. The hamburg is flighty but is really pretty.

Back
Top Bottom