Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

This are my week old chicks (3 brown leghorn and 3 barred rocks I purchased from a feed store that got them from Ideal. They are doing great and so active!

These are my Sebright Bantams from Ideal. Hatched 10-7-2014 so they are exactly 5 months old today. The weather is finally getting o.k. so they got moved out to their new pen today. It is a home build 4x8 coop with a 10x20 foot covered run with a peach tree and a mimosa tree. They are one Silver Sebright rooster, two Silver females and two Golden femles. I had three more Golden roosters that got lucky and are now living the good life with a friend that has roosters as a hobby. He has somewhere near 50 roosters.

These are my Sebright Bantams from Ideal. Hatched 10-7-2014 so they are exactly 5 months old today. The weather is finally getting o.k. so they got moved out to their new pen today. It is a home build 4x8 coop with a 10x20 foot covered run with a peach tree and a mimosa tree. They are one Silver Sebright rooster, two Silver females and two Golden femles. I had three more Golden roosters that got lucky and are now living the good life with a friend that has roosters as a hobby. He has somewhere near 50 roosters.
Thank you for sharing this pic. I've been wanting to get some Sebrights and had forgotten that they carry them.

A Goldeneck d'Uccle cockerel, barred rock pullet, black East Indies duck(only 6 weeks) and a white frizzel Cochin. All the chickens in the pictures are from ideal, their just too busy eating to pose for the camera.

My chicks are 6 weeks old today so I thought I would give an update on quality so far First up we have the Barnvelders. I bought two pullets and the chicks were basically identical upon arrival, now there is a definite difference in the color, one is feathering out as I expected them to, mostly black with beginning lacing, and the other looks to be feathering out like a partridge colored bird as you can see from the comparison picture and the pictures of the individual birds. Next we have the cochins, these arent the first cochins Ive bought from IDEAL, the first order I ordered White, silver and gold laced and buff, those birds were ok, one white was exeptional looking nearly show quality, the buff were probably the worst but not bad at all. This time I ordered 4 assorted and ending up with a white,partridge, blue and "red". The blue chick is so good looking for hatchery stock, big full feathers and shape. The white and partridge are skinny looking but from what I remember that how they started off and then filled in later. And the "red", I dont even know whats going on with that one to be honest, its just ugly and horrible.
Last we have the Silver Spangled Hamburgs, This is my first time with them but im happy with them so far even though they are flighty and nervous. I ordered two pullets but and skeptical on one. The one that is definitely a pullet This is the one that's worrying me, the comb and wattle are redder than the first but are the same size, I would have expected to see growth if it was a male, any thoughts on its gender would be appreciated

Last edited:
Does anyone have their self blue silkies? I'm getting 3 from them and really nervous about the quality... Any pictures would be appropriated!

Thanks so much for the pic! And sorry for my "hot finger" typos... Should I cancel my order then with ideal then? I'm also ordering from a breeder but she doesn't have self blue...

Thanks so much for the pic! And sorry for my "hot finger" typos... Should I cancel my order then with ideal then? I'm also ordering from a breeder but she doesn't have self blue...
There is a post earlier in the thread with self blue Silkie chicks and a post of them as they grow. They were actually pretty good in my opinion for hatchery silkies, the had patches of pink skin on there toes but other than that they were pretty good. The chicks had vaulted skulls and good crests if I remember. Ideals buff silkies are the worst variety that they offer. Chicks on post #203

Edit. There is posts of self blue silkies first page of the thread although the pictures are no longer available, and another post, post #58, with pictures of self blue silkies. I'm actually regretting not getting some myself :/ they are pretty nice

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom