Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

There is a post earlier in the thread with self blue Silkie chicks and a post of them as they grow. They were actually pretty good in my opinion for hatchery silkies, the had patches of pink skin on there toes but other than that they were pretty good. The chicks had vaulted skulls and good crests if I remember. Ideals buff silkies are the worst variety that they offer. Chicks on post #203

Edit. There is posts of self blue silkies first page of the thread although the pictures are no longer available, and another post, post #58, with pictures of self blue silkies. I'm actually regretting not getting some myself :/ they are pretty nice

Thanks! I did see those posts but they were kinda old post though... I'm so worried that I will ended up with ugly silkies and won't know what to do with them...:hit

These are from the straight run banty bin in Atwood's farm store. They use Ideal hatchery.

Polish I think. Any one know what color it will be?

Pretty sure these 3 are cochins. Any idea on color? I'm thinking the 2 on the right might be white and I'm hoping the one on the left is splash or some non white color lol.

These are the same 3. Anyone withe more experience know what color they will be?

This is another cochin I think. Color guesses? I'm thinking black or possibly mottled?

2 standard bronze turkeys

and a couple of ideal 236 pullets... posting pics of those soon lol.

ugh i just went to grab them to take pics and i saw that one of the 2 recently died. I'm not quite sure how or why. I've probably raised hundreds of chicks and the only time I lost 1 was when I ordered live day old chicks in the mail. Not sure if the turkeys or other chicks it was in with smothered it, but it seemed kind of flattened and was laying in the small sand box dustbath that i use in the brooder. The turkeys and the 2 .. well now 1 ideal 236 pullet are in with 11 chicks that I hatched from my blue Ameraucana rooster over some EE hens and a blue Ameraucana pullet. The ones I hatched are maybe a week older than these if I had to guess. Bleh... i'm kinda bumbed about losing a chick
hmm.png

Anyhow this is the ideal 236 pullet that I have left. She really didn't like me taking her away from her friends and was screaming!

Edit because I can't spell.

Last edited:
Looks like a white crested blue polish. The chick in the middle of the tjird photo is a porcelain d'uccle..The rest look like cochins.
These are from the straight run banty bin in Atwood's farm store. They use Ideal hatchery. Polish I think. Any one know what color it will be? Pretty sure these 3 are cochins. Any idea on color? I'm thinking the 2 on the right might be white and I'm hoping the one on the left is splash or some non white color lol. These are the same 3. Anyone withe more experience know what color they will be? This is another cochin I think. Color guesses? I'm thinking black or possibly mottled? 2 standard bronze turkeys and a couple of ideal 236 pullets... posting pics of those soon lol.

Looks like a white crested blue polish. The chick in the middle of the tjird photo is a porcelain d'uccle..The rest look like cochins.

Oh d'uccle... i hadn't even though of them. I was trying to get all cochins. I hope they're docile like cochins and silkies. Thanks a bunch.

If anyone that has gotten their barnevelders (or anyone in general) can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I ordered 2 barnevelders pullets that are about 13 weeks now. One looks like it's single laced all over while the other has a plain patternless breast ( looks more like a welsummer barnevelder cross if you ask me which it might very well be) but my question is, did your birds develop the double lacing after there juvenile molt ?

Back
Top Bottom