Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

I believe they were females, but I might be remembering the rare breed special from another site that allowed me to sex. Either way roosters have to go, though I love the little chicks to death several roosters in a flock of less females doesn't work. Thank you for the advice! I'll post pictures of the little ones when they arrive.

I've heard nothing but good things about Ideal from friends of mine on the quality of their chickens, but ive read on here they have had some iffy chickens sold. I definitely dont need show quality, but I hope they are of decent quality!

Your pictures are of some beautiful chickens, so perhaps I have nothing to worry about!

I've had mostly good birds and a few not so good from ideal. I stand by them though. They have great prices, especially the specials, reasonable shipping and customer service has always addressed in a timely, polite and fair fashion any issues I've had. I realize they are a huge operation and the foundation of their offerings is simply for the backyard enthusiast. I have, in general, always felt I got what I paid for.

I've heard nothing but good things about Ideal from friends of mine on the quality of their chickens, but ive read on here they have had some iffy chickens sold. I definitely dont need show quality, but I hope they are of decent quality!

Your pictures are of some beautiful chickens, so perhaps I have nothing to worry about!
I've gotten good and bad birds from them. This year , along with a few others previously, have been good quality. Last year I had some major problems with a few of their breeds where they would all be fine and then almost all the members of that specific breed would start having problems and would die off. Those were the white jersey giants, the dark brahmas, and the red silkies. The jersey giants would stop eating and basically starve themselves even when there was food available 24/7 to them, the brahmas were very small and once the cold hit they got sick and died and the silkies were prone to issues within such as organ failure (2 passed this way), one died from slowly becoming paralyzed and another had issues pooping and it clogged her cloaca until I had to put her down.

I've gotten good and bad birds from them. This year , along with a few others previously, have been good quality. Last year I had some major problems with a few of their breeds where they would all be fine and then almost all the members of that specific breed would start having problems and would die off. Those were the white jersey giants, the dark brahmas, and the red silkies. The jersey giants would stop eating and basically starve themselves even when there was food available 24/7 to them, the brahmas were very small and once the cold hit they got sick and died and the silkies were prone to issues within such as organ failure (2 passed this way), one died from slowly becoming paralyzed and another had issues pooping and it clogged her cloaca until I had to put her down.

I've had mostly good birds and a few not so good from ideal. I stand by them though. They have great prices, especially the specials, reasonable shipping and customer service has always addressed in a timely, polite and fair fashion any issues I've had. I realize they are a huge operation and the foundation of their offerings is simply for the backyard enthusiast. I have, in general, always felt I got what I paid for.

Well, they are very well with prices and shipping prices, I hear their service is polite. Overall, without having recieved the actual chicks yet, I am pleased. The process was easy and I like the option not to purchase 25 chicks when they aren't needed. You two's personal experiences have definitely put my mind to ease about the peanuts and quality. I'll be sure to post pictures when they arrive! Thank you for the advice!!

Back
Top Bottom