Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

They all have great temperaments and make very nice pets. I had a white crested blue polish cockerel, but re-homed him. He was flighty, skittish and wild! He was very pretty though. I was wanting him to be a pullet
hmm.png

Standard Bronze Female Turkey poult 3.5 months old

Standard Bronze Male turkey poult 3.5 months old

together free-ranging with my layers.... the chickens are still in charge. It's pretty funny watching them run away from my hens. They're really big and seem a bit clumsy lol

Ideal 236 pullet 3 months old

Bantam Blue Cochin (cockerel I think) 3 months old

Bantam Splash Cochin (cockerel I think) 3 months old

Belgian Porcelain D'uccle pullets (I think) 3 months old

The D'uccles are amazingly friendly. I am hoping to find hatching eggs next spring from decent stock to start a small flock of them
love.gif

I just got my chicks from the post office on Thursday I ordered 14

2 Millie fleur d'uccle
2 buff laced polish
2 WC black polish
2 red crested red polish
2 black silkies
1 red silkie
2 buff Orpington pullets
1 buff Orpington cockerel

All arrived alive though 1 WC polish was lethargic. Within 2 days 3 of them died the WC black polish that was lethargic, a mille fleur d'uccle and a buff Orpington pullet. The Orpington and the d'uccle were fine active and stuff then I check on them the next morning and they're dead :( the rest are doing great though all but the black silkies keep getting pasty butt ughhh :/ so not to great of an experience especially considering I just order 15 barred rock pullets from cackle exactly a month earlier and they all arrived fine and I've had no problems with them what so ever other than the fact 2 are roos

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that happened! Being a fellow NMer (I'm in Edgewood, east of ABQ), it MIGHT have been the weird weather in transit maybe? I've ordered a lot from Ideal over the years and have never had any weird deaths. Especially after they arrive looking groovy. Have you tried ordering from Privett, being that they're closer, and in NM? I've heard really good things about them. :)

Wendy

I'm so sorry that happened!  Being a fellow NMer (I'm in Edgewood, east of ABQ), it MIGHT have been the weird weather in transit maybe?  I've ordered a lot from Ideal over the years and have never had any weird deaths.  Especially after they arrive looking groovy.  Have you tried ordering from Privett, being that they're closer, and in NM?  I've heard really good things about them. :)

Wendy
i lived in Moriarty for a couple years I'm from your neck of the woods :) I just moved to Deming in February, no I haven't even seen privetts site just heard of them i didnt know they were in new mexico I'll have to try them next if their prices are cheap like ideal and cackle. And ideal is in Texas so I don't think it had any bad weather from there to here

I'm so sorry that happened!  Being a fellow NMer (I'm in Edgewood, east of ABQ), it MIGHT have been the weird weather in transit maybe?  I've ordered a lot from Ideal over the years and have never had any weird deaths.  Especially after they arrive looking groovy.  Have you tried ordering from Privett, being that they're closer, and in NM?  I've heard really good things about them. :)

Wendy
And a fricken red polish was found dead today too what the F. I also noticed all the ones who were healthy when I got them and then died they all got this like nasty diahrea that stunk bad like 8 hours before they died :(

And a fricken red polish was found dead today too what the F. I also noticed all the ones who were healthy when I got them and then died they all got this like nasty diahrea that stunk bad like 8 hours before they died :(

That's interesting about the diarrhea. I recently recieved an order from ideal, 20 amerucana and 25 cornish bantam. I lost 2 amerucana, they were DOA. The hatchery choice 25 bantams all arrived ok but one of the color groups, the spangled, developed just as you described a nasty diarrhea that initially presented as what I thought was going to be the typical pasty butt. I of course considered coccidia but the birds weren't lethargic or showing any other symptoms of illness. I chose just to watch as opposed to medicate. It was watery and very messy, ultimately creating a big crusty fanny mess. I isolated the 5 or so birds and they seem to have worked through it. I do think it was something they came with because only one color group presented with it. Fortunately it didn't seem to be highly contagious as the other birds never picked it up. It was nasty though. One of the amerucana has a hideous case of cross beak. I don't know how she will ultimately survive.

Last edited:
Belgian Porcelain D'uccle pullets (I think) 3 months old

The D'uccles are amazingly friendly. I am hoping to find hatching eggs next spring from decent stock to start a small flock of them
love.gif
D'uccles are my al time favorite chicken breed! They are the absolute sweetest around! Those are decent hatchery stock... Has anyone gotten any of the rarer" d'uccle colors from Ideal, like brown red, colombian, or golden neck?

Also has anyone gotten Ideal's Dutch? I am interested in what they are like, but afraid to ask on the Dutch thread because of how derisive they are of any hatchery Dutch
hide.gif
(meanwhile I love me Dutch from Privetts... their personalities are amazing and for the most part they had the right leg and ear lobe color...)

Back
Top Bottom