Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

D'uccles are my al time favorite chicken breed! They are the absolute sweetest around! Those are decent hatchery stock... Has anyone gotten any of the rarer" d'uccle colors from Ideal, like brown red, colombian, or golden neck? 

Also has anyone gotten Ideal's Dutch? I am interested in what they are like, but afraid to ask on the Dutch thread because of how derisive they are of any hatchery Dutch :oops:  (meanwhile I love me Dutch from Privetts... their personalities are amazing and for the most part they had the right leg and ear lobe color...)
I absolutely love d'uccles too! I have a little golden neck girl that is about 3 months old and she is my baby she is just the sweetest thing ever she walks up to me and chirps when she wants treats and sometimes she even jumps in my lap if she thinks she's getting a treat! I just ordered 2 Millie fleurs from ideal but one died it was a runt anyways. The one I have left is going strong. Here's pics of my girl I haven't named her yet can't think of any good ones that would go with her personality and color maybe you guys could help her out?

I picked her out of the tractor supply bantam bin so I don't know what hatchery she's from probably from privetts. I'm in new mexico and so is privetts

Quote: awww she's a doll... I love her beard!

Just got a pic of both of my ideal porcelain girls together. You can see the pattern coming in on one of their backs. They're very sweet and jump up on my lap every time I go see them. They do have these weird stripes or bars on their foot feathers... you can see it pretty good in these pics.

Last edited:

Ideal poultry cuckoo maran egg. First one:)

awww she's a doll... I love her beard! Just got a pic of both of my ideal porcelain girls together. You can see the pattern coming in on one of their backs. They're very sweet and jump up on my lap every time I go see them. They do have these weird stripes or bars on their foot feathers... you can see it pretty good in these pics.
I'm hoping my little one will turn out to be a roo so I can breed them

D'uccles are my al time favorite chicken breed! They are the absolute sweetest around! Those are decent hatchery stock... Has anyone gotten any of the rarer" d'uccle colors from Ideal, like brown red, colombian, or golden neck?

Also has anyone gotten Ideal's Dutch? I am interested in what they are like, but afraid to ask on the Dutch thread because of how derisive they are of any hatchery Dutch
hide.gif
(meanwhile I love me Dutch from Privetts... their personalities are amazing and for the most part they had the right leg and ear lobe color...)
I'm a sucker for Modern Game Bantams from Ideal. I got Lemon Blues and BBRs this year. They are ridiculously friendly and chatty. That QUIET chatty. lol I do have porcelains and mille and blue mille d'uccles from them year, too but the MGBs have always been my fave, personality-wise and also standard cochins, of course. Feel like there is a misconception that MGBs are "game birds" due to their name and they have to be the most socially "chill" birds and very uniquely beautiful in the posture. And they lay a surprisingly large egg for a little bird. :)

Ideal poultry cuckoo maran egg. First one:)
Congrats on your first egg ! I'm waiting for mine too. I have a barnevelder pullet and Hamburg pullet that grew their hen combs at 18weeks, now 21weeks old and I have been running out everyday looking for an egg. Hopefully mine comes soon and dark like yours :)

:) Saipan pullet hatched at Ideal 5/20.

White Silkie hatched 5/20 from Ideal. Also got black and buff, but whites were, by far, best feathering.

Saipan cockerel, also 5/20 from Ideal.

I'm a sucker for Modern Game Bantams from Ideal. I got Lemon Blues and BBRs this year. They are ridiculously friendly and chatty. That QUIET chatty. lol I do have porcelains and mille and blue mille d'uccles from them year, too but the MGBs have always been my fave, personality-wise and also standard cochins, of course. Feel like there is a misconception that MGBs are "game birds" due to their name and they have to be the most socially "chill" birds and very uniquely beautiful in the posture. And they lay a surprisingly large egg for a little bird. :)
Any pictures??? I have lately been seeing the charms of MGB unique looks, and I have heard good things about their personality as you confirmed! I'd love to see you babies! My only concern is mixed answers I have gotten regarding winter hardiness. Where do you live and how do they do in winter? I live in WI so it gets COLD!

Back
Top Bottom