Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Ive got my 9 assorted bantams delivered from Ideal last Thursday along with 10 peanuts settled with their adoptive mother. Still not sure on some breeds, but they're cute all the same!

This is little Hershey

We have an adorable black Japanese we haven't named quite yet next to what I believe is a white OEGB weve named Lady

Our small barred rock bantam

Im assuming an OEGB of some type..not sure with our frizzle cochin and Lady

Our silver partridge silkie

Our buff orpington I think

And this one. I have no clue what type it is, im assuming an OEGB of some kind maybe.

Most of the gang with the peanuts

And last but not least, Big Momma, our broody hen, with a total of 23 chicks shoved under her and around her (19 I ordered from ordeal + 3 RIR×Silkie crosses I hatched + 1 RIR×Mystery Breed I hatched). It's a good bit of chicks for one hen, but she loves all of them!

Any pictures??? I have lately been seeing the charms of MGB unique looks, and I have heard good things about their personality as you confirmed! I'd love to see you babies! My only concern is mixed answers I have gotten regarding winter hardiness. Where do you live and how do they do in winter? I live in WI so it gets COLD!
Here's one of them. She's out of lemon-blue and is a splash phenotype. She's starting to get lemon neck feathers, too. :) Her name is Princess Snowy (totally girly) and she's is the ultimate lap chicken. Always the first to land on your lap and the last to leave. Very sweet, all of the MGBs, even the cockerels. :) I also have BBR MGBs and the cockerel is going to be a beauty. Will try to get a decent pic of her mate (also lemon-blue but she far he's straight blue). The others that were out of lemon-blue, so far, they look like they're black with lemon neck feathers.

I've gotten many chickens from Ideal, here is just one. A white frizzle pullet named Marlow. I got a couple of Frazzles from them with the order she came with as well. Im expecting another order from them next week and hoping i dont get anymore frazzles. That is my only conplaint with Ideal. Cant beat the prices and special.

Heres my little chickeypoos from ideal they hatched on the 8th there's a few different polishes some silkes a pair of orpingtons and 1 Millie fluer d'uccle

These are my favorites my little black silkies and a white crested black polish

Can people post pics of cool colored OEGBs from Ideal? They have so many colors it overwhelms me but I can't tell which ones are cool looking from this illustration pictures!

Can people post pics of cool colored OEGBs from Ideal? They have so many colors it overwhelms me but I can't tell which ones are cool looking from this illustration pictures!

I'm not sure what color or type it is, but this is one of my little baby OEGBs from Ideal. She's pretty odd looking!

I just got my box from the post office this morning with my replacements for the ones who died. I also ordered 2 "ameraucauna" pullets and I got like 4 or 5 packing peanuts I think are barred rocks. I'll post pics tomorrow morning

Last edited:
It's been 6 years since I've owned chickens and my first order from Ideal shipped yesterday. I'm impatiently waiting for that call to pick them up! I got 5 assorted silkies, 4 black crested white polish, 4 white crested black polish, and 1 sultan. I'm pretty EGGcited. I'll post pics as soon as I get them assuming all goes well. XD

I've only ever gotten one WEIRD bird from Ideal. I'll have to take a pic of her today and post it. She was from an assorted LF Cochin pullet order. She's not buff and not quite solid red, either. She has little feathering on her feet and she is mainly red, but has black feathering coming in for tail feathers and some black on her body. She almost looks like someone's experiment bird (I had a mille fleur x cochin bantam cockerel up until last week). So not really sure what she was SUPPOSED to be, but I think her dad was a handsome stranger who wandered into the red cochin pen one night.
ep.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom