Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

I have 2 Buff Orpingtons
1 Black cochin
2 mallard ducks
From ideal. I will post pics of them. I get compliments all the time on how bright yellow and beautiful my buffs are. (not sure if bright yellow is standard for them) My black cochin has a very crooked beak. It doesn't close well. We hand feed her everyday because she cant pick up food well. But that's the only problem I've had with them. My mallards are great, other than they both turned out to be drakes. I will be replacing them with two pullets soon.

Does anyone have any grown pictures of Ideal's grown self blue sickies and self blue Cochin bantams? I'm thinking about getting a few for the spring, as pets and more for the color than anything else.

All my chickens (so far) came from Pope's Garden in New Jersey who buys from Ideal. Pope's is a reasonable drive for me and sells chicks at a few days old . I could mix and match with a low minimum. I LOVE the birds, but...one of the Buff Orpingtons has yellow legs (I am told this may mean she is not an Orpington?) and a pullet Barred Rock turned out to be a cockeral. I am giving him away to a good home tomorrow , but I am in mourning because he loves to be picked up and follows us around!

All my chickens (so far) came from Pope's Garden in New Jersey who buys from Ideal. Pope's is a reasonable drive for me and sells chicks at a few days old . I could mix and match with a low minimum. I LOVE the birds, but...one of the Buff Orpingtons has yellow legs (I am told this may mean she is not an Orpington?) and a pullet Barred Rock turned out to be a cockeral. I am giving him away to a good home tomorrow , but I am in mourning because he loves to be picked up and follows us around!

Your buff is a Rock, not an Orpington. Ideal is one of the only big hatcheries that have Buff Rocks.

So excited! Ordered my chicks today! Had a lousy experience with Meyer last year, so hoping better with Ideal this year. Went crazy and ordered most of my dream breeds. Felt bad for the poor lady on the phone lol. My babies won't be here until March, but I'll post pics when they do arrive, and again later when they're grown (assuming any make it to adulthood..
fl.gif
).
I ordered: 3 Spangled Cornish bantams, 3 WLR Cornish bantams, 3 Red Pyle Modern Game bantams, 3 Silver Blue Modern Game bantams, 3 Silver Sebrights, 3 WFB Spanish bantams, 3 Porcelain D'uccles, 3 assorted Frizzle Cochin bantams, 3 Mottled Cochin bantams, 3 Light Brahma bantams, 3 Buff Laced Polish, 3 Silver Laced Polish, 3 Naked Necks (my favorites), 3 Speckled Sussex, and 3 Silver Campines. Also wait-listed for SS Hamburgs, SS Spitzhaubens, Cream Brabanters, Silver Lakenvelders, and Dorkings. Gonna be fun trying to figure out who's who when they get here.
gig.gif

I wonder how that happens? I would think their pens would be separate? I love them both any how--maybe it will help me later choose between a Partridge Orpington and a Partridge Rock!~
It's most likely that the feed store ordered the assorted Plymouth Rocks and Buff Orpingtons, and the employees just didn't know which buff chicks where which.

That makes sense. They weren't selling Buff Rocks separately, but maybe they mixed 'em together. They kept calling the Rhode Island Whites: "White Rocks". I have one of those too--I am pretty sure she is a RIW!

Back
Top Bottom