Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

No, Pope's Garden had separate bins of "Americanas", Rhode Island Whites (which the owner kept referring to as white rocks) Buff Orpingtons(which evidently had at least one Buff Rock in there--I didn't know to check leg color!) Red Stars, and New Jersey Giants. I was hoping for a SL Wyandotte!

Lucky Aubery :)

love2lope, I dont currently have any chickens and I believe this is the only one I have of my polish...not the best pic...a red polish and a splash polish hen in the background...they were pretty but the loudest of my chickens when laying an egg..I do miss them though and will get more when I move out of the city

Ideal 'Ameraucana'. Clearly not Ameraucana, but Easter Eggers. They either need to stop labeling these birds as Ameraucana, or get their breeding stock better aligned to the APA standard. Yellow skin and no muffs are major faults.

I love my birds from Ideal!

This is Babybear she is mothering 5 chicks right now. The Silkie broody thing is not bred out of these guys!
Chip Chip the Blue Silkie roo has a single comb instead of walnut but he is beautiful otherwise.

I have 2 Buff Silkies as well.

But the Cochin Fantastic!
Bantam Roo is my favorite he is self blue

He is with the LF Ladies

Blue Cochin

Self Blue Cochin

Gold Laced up front. Self Blue on low perch in back.

These are the Ideal Cochin's in the LF Coop.

The Bantam Cochin's
I have 2 Frizzles one Frizzed the other did not. Which I read is a genetics thing. since you can not breed frizzle to frizzle to get a frizzle.
Nitty
Needle

I do think Nitty is just as cute as Needle.

and the self blue bantam hen.

I do think I want to breed The self blue bantam roo to the Frizzles and see what shakes up.

They are definitely the lookers in my coop which has mainly been TSC chick week. Never Again! I also decided that I will get broilers to finish the order instead of the packing peanuts next time.

None were sick when they arrived and they are all still alive!

Last edited:
I love my birds from Ideal!

This is Babybear she is mothering 5 chicks right now. The Silkie broody thing is not bred out of these guys!
Chip Chip the Blue Silkie roo has a single comb instead of walnut but he is beautiful otherwise.

I have 2 Buff Silkies as well.

But the Cochin Fantastic!
Bantam Roo is my favorite he is self blue

He is with the LF Ladies

Blue Cochin

Self Blue Cochin

Gold Laced up front. Self Blue on low perch in back.

These are the Ideal Cochin's in the LF Coop.

The Bantam Cochin's
I have 2 Frizzles one Frizzed the other did not. Which I read is a genetics thing. since you can not breed frizzle to frizzle to get a frizzle.
Nitty
Needle

I do think Nitty is just as cute as Needle.

and the self blue bantam hen.

I do think I want to breed The self blue bantam roo to the Frizzles and see what shakes up.

They are definitely the lookers in my coop which has mainly been TSC chick week. Never Again! I also decided that I will get broilers to finish the order instead of the packing peanuts next time.

None were sick when they arrived and they are all still alive!
Nice looking flock. FYI, white Cochins are usually recessive white and breed like a solid black bird when crossed with a different color. And self-blues are a recessive dilute of black, so they also breed like a solid black bird when crossed with a different color. Your frizzle/self blue cross will likely yield lots of solid black chicks, about half will be frizzled. You can breed a frizzle to a frizzle, but the results are very weak, sickly birds that don't live for more than a year or two.

Quote: That is amazing information for me! thank you since I have been wondering how to tell who came from who's egg with the 10 chicks I have now That are mostly black or black and grey the only odd ball is white and grey.

So far none of them look like they will frizzle but they are stupid cute anyway
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom