Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
Quote:
Hi IwannaBEaMERMAID

No La Fleche
hu.gif
Just Joking
big_smile.png

The chicks you picked out will be a very nice looking flock.
thumbsup.gif

Long Horn Poultry Farm

Last edited:
Hereare pics of 3 1/2 & 4 months old Partridge Chanteclers from Ideal Poultry. We have always received excellent birds from Ideal. We have been getting chicks since 2005. The first batch was a mix and all were killed by a coon except for a Rose Comb Brown Leghorn. She is still alive 3/13/2010 and lays 3-5 eggs per week. She used to be an everyday layer. The first pic is the Rose Comb Brown Leghorn at 4 years old.

The eggs are from a flock of Easter Eggers from Ideal Poultry. They live in Central Kentucky. This winter was brutal but they continued to lay through the winter without any heated chicken house. The chicken house (box) is in an open barn on top of a hill. It is really windy and cold. The Partridge Chantecler cock is now the flock rooster and we are setting eggs this spring from the Partridge chantecler cock x Easter Egger hens.

I still don't fully understand why these aren't Ameraucana. True they don't fit the Ameraucana standard but they appear to be all Ameraucana. Just mixed colors. They lay everyday during the warmer months and the eggs are large to jumbo.
The eggs in the carton are from them except for the two brown ones. They are from a Production Red from Ideal. She is 3 years old and going strong.

51260_20080924_marykatechicken.jpg

51260_20090712_partridgechantecler35months.jpg

51260_20090727_thecock_-_chantecler.jpg

51260_20090727_thecock_-_chantecler4months.jpg

51260_20090727_chanteclerchickenanna_024_copy.jpg

51260_20090618_chanteclerameraucanaeggs_001.jpg

51260_20090309_kentuckyvisit_105.jpg

Quote:
I don't get it - Are you saying you think Easter Eggers look like Ameraucanas with different colors? Because it is more than that. There's egg color, sometimes comb type, sometimes even ear color, and in almost every case - leg color. Also, Easter Eggers are often more dual purpose looking in body, and the roos are often smaller and skinnier looking. Their legs seem to be more centered in their bodies, not more to the rump. The point of the EE name and label is that they are crossbred.
wink.png

Tell me if I just misread what you were talking about.
smile.png

Quote:
I don't get it - Are you saying you think Easter Eggers look like Ameraucanas with different colors? Because it is more than that. There's egg color, sometimes comb type, sometimes even ear color, and in almost every case - leg color. Also, Easter Eggers are often more dual purpose looking in body, and the roos are often smaller and skinnier looking. Their legs seem to be more centered in their bodies, not more to the rump. The point of the EE name and label is that they are crossbred.
wink.png

Tell me if I just misread what you were talking about.
smile.png

Amen
lol.png

I think I have the same problem.
hide.gif

No matter how many times I read the differences I'm still not sure what's an Ameracauna and whats an EE. I know that makes people upset. It doesn't help that feeds stores and hatcheries every where all sell "Ameracauna's" but we're told on here that we didn't get an Ameracauna we got an EE.
barnie.gif

oh well

Quote:
An Ameracauna is a "pure breed" that is admitted to the American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection. When bred Buff to Buff you get a Buff colored bird. An Ameracauna must lay a blue/green tinted egg. Otherwise it is disqualified.

An EE is a mix of Ameracauna, Aracauna and other production birds that are mixed in color, lays a tinted egg ranging from cream to dark brown to blue and pink. Most hatcheries admit this. From Ideal's website:

Ameraucanas, known as the "Easter Egg Breed", are a multicolored breed. They have beards, muffs and a normal tail with a tail head. They are often incorrectly called Araucanas, which have ear tuffs, are rumpless, and do not have a tail head which gives them a bunny tail appearance. Most of the chicks sold as Araucanas are really Ameraucanas, which are excellent, efficient producers of large eggs of many colors and shades including blue and green.

Basically, this would be like having a flock with a Barred Rock rooster, and 1 white rock hen, 1 Blue Rock hen, 1 Buff Rock hen, etc. You have a flock of Plymouth Rocks, but is still considered mixed and youw ill get lots of pretty colors, just can not show any at a Poultry Show. Hope this helps to explain it.​

Quote:

Seems to me like they don't admit it. They still call it Ameraucana, and still confuse it with Easter Eggers. Also, they're saying that "Araucanas" sold from hatcheries are really Ameraucanas. Wrong, they're Easter Eggers. Ideal Hatchery in specific I asked why they don't call them Easter Eggers - They told me they have REAL Ameraucanas, not matter what evidence I showed them to disprove them. They said they actually breed them to the standard for both color and egg color. . . Sorry, but they're not admitting anything except that they're responsible for making people thinking Ameraucanas are Easter Eggers.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom