Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
Quote:
i think those are buff columbian d'uccles??
hu.gif

All of my chicks are from Ideal as well.
DSC_0261.jpg

And interestingly enough, my Brother and Sister In law(SIL) live in Cameron (where Ideal Hatchery is) and they know the owners. I told my SIL to tell them that I love my chicks from Ideal, and they have a wonderful selection and website. Oh and if they had any extra chicks I would be happy to take them off their hands, lol!!!
tongue.png

DSC_0268.jpg

Quote:
i think those are buff columbian d'uccles??
hu.gif

Nah, they are only 6wks in that picture and if you look carefully you can see their "flowers" especially on the roos saddle. His saddle is almost completely white and black now
smile.png
MF takes a while to show and gets more and more "flowery" with every molt.

I purchased Salmon Faverolles and was unhappy with the appearance of the birds. Almost all the hens have speckles on their breast feathers... one hen has blackish brown feathers on her whole body, and her head is lighter, she almost looks like she should be a late blooming brown rooster (if thats the case, then their sexing skills stink too as I ordered 3 roosters and currently have 6!). I have several hens with crooked beaks, one is really bad. The roosters are not that pretty yet either, lots of white all over... Just not what I expected even for hatchery chicks.... I'll post some picts later... when I called ideal, they wouldn't do anything, they said wait till they molt... but I know that brown hen isn't going to change that much, unless she starts crowing!

Quote:
There was a thread about this, asking why in the world people get from hatcheries - It started off by showing the terrible quality of Ideal's Salmon Faverolles. So, yeah, I guess they're prone to having uuggllyy Faverolles.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom