Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
WE can let this thread DIE !!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

4 year old Ideal birds

39309_dscn2068.jpg

leghorn in the background
39309_dscn2058.jpg

39309_dscn1266.jpg

1 year old Cream Brabanter roo
39309_dscn2064.jpg

White crested blue polish from Ideal (white crested my butt)
39309_dscn1227.jpg

White crested black polish from Ideal
39309_dscn1110.jpg

Magpie duckies from ideal
39309_dscn1245.jpg

I got a BR hen with a slight crossed beak as a packing peanut with my black tailed white japanese! I love her! My japanese are very nice birds. They did have the short legs and proper tail/stance! I got 4 all were good, 2 maybe even SQ. The free BR was the cutest, her beak straightened out fine after a few weeks. I was happy to get a hen as a peanut along with nice RIRs.
Also got beautiful crested mallards!
52356_020.jpg

52356_021.jpg

Last edited:
I've raised Spitzhaubens, all from Ideal Hatchery.

Last year's chicks..........
DSCF0012-1.jpg

Two Spitz sisters at two years old:
DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

Out of 25 Spitz chicks, ONLY three were passable for the correct standards for the Spitz breed. Many of the siblings had Polish mopheads which it is so common, and they should not have slicked back hairdos either on the roos and hens. They SHOULD have a straight up mohawks. In order to get the correct thing, you would have to cull out for Polish heads, incorrect mohawks, lacings, or lacing mottles spangles are also the ones you need to cull out.

So we do have alot of work to do! Sometimes you have to work with what you have by using the best you have in the flock.

These are the private breeder's stock of Spitzhaubens and I was disappointed with them and I culled ALL of them and will not buy anymore of this breeder's birds.
DSCF0077.jpg

I ordered 15 cuckoo marans from Ideal, 5 where dead on arrival and 4 have died in the part 4 days!
hit.gif

This is the first time this happened with Ideal.

Here are some pictures of my Ideal stock.
ETA: The first set are Cuckoo Marans and the second set are EEs

24817_p5060006.jpg

24817_p7070008.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom