Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
I received an order from Ideal 2 weeks ago. The chicks arrived 24 hours after shipping & all were active & healthy. Who knows what they will look like when they're grown, but they're very cute right now. I got an assortment: Welsummer, dark Brahma, Brabanter, EE. Here's a pic; you can see they're still very active
smile.png

56689_img_1033.jpg

Quote:
you got very lucky then, I have ordered over 100 over a 2-3 year stretch, never got a single one bearded!
and yes chickens and most all birds molt twice a year, most of ours are in the process right now actually so it shouldnt be long for yours either

Quote:
You really cant tell when there little...all of mine appeared to be bearded ...but as adults had no muffs or beard...

Ok count down....6 days to ship date!!!

ive been reading for awhile now...

i dont want show quality chickens, just run of the mill ones
smile.png

for after reading this thread,,,well i decided to order from Ideal..

since Teri, from Ideal actually takes the time to post on this web site, i think that a miracle in itself..most companies dont waste the time to make sure their customers are happy
smile.png

Crested Special 4
Red Shoulder Yokohama 2
Black Frizzle Cochin Bantam 2
Red Frizzle Cochi n Bantam 2
Spangled Russian Orloff 3
Spangled Russian Orloff 1 roo...
Blue Red Cubalaya 4
Partridge Silkie Bantam 3

then i had to call and add LOL
Sultans 4
Milli De Uccles 4

i probably wont get peanuts right? since i have atleast 25 ordered...

do they ever throw in a couple of extra surpises anyways???

Quote:
GREAT choices! MUST post pics when you get them! Ive been thinking about ordering some of those when the weather cools down so I'd love to know how yours turn out (especially the yokohamas)

i was kinda worried also about heat...its been over 95 to 102 each day...

but they are less than 3 hours drive from me and already talked to post office, they will call me as the truck comes in
smile.png

which is normally 4:30 am LOL, for its going to be a very early morning for me

for sure i will post pictures:)

I already have 2 russian hens, for i went ahead and ordered 3 more hens and 1 rooster...
no one i mean no one has them anywhere that i could find around a 100 mile radius...
and everyone that has seen them is like, WOW! do you have any extra ones for sale?

for i figured what the heck...time for some fertile eggs/ babies

Last edited:
Im really growing back to my hair color....I went to refill my chicks waterer ( the one with a red screw off bottom) I left the bottom so I could go refill, when I came back...I noticed the bottom had a little bit of water. I didn't want to spill the water in the bottom, so for some reason i thought I could flip the container filled with water on the bottom....ya......It didnt work.....FAIL

I hide my face in shame
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom