Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
Please note a reminder of our BYC rules:

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

The bumping in this thread has been excessive.
wink.png

Quote:
personally, I have gotten just about all thier rarer silkies colors at one time or another to do some color breeding in mine. GET THEM SOME WHERE ELSE!
I cant stress that enough, they have other decent hatchery birds, but their silkies stink, 4 toed single comb hard feathered birds are not silkies. yet thats what I always got.
Their "lavenders" looked like F1 crosses to an old english or something, so did their "reds" I'd find another source for them.

They are a great hatchery, and have very friendly folks working there and do all they can to please the customer. But they need to go back to the drawing board on their silkies. I'm not the only one who has said this on their silkies either, there are numerous threads on here about their low quality.
Again, not intending to bad mouth, just warning a friend.

Quote:
personally, I have gotten just about all thier rarer silkies colors at one time or another to do some color breeding in mine. GET THEM SOME WHERE ELSE!
I cant stress that enough, they have other decent hatchery birds, but their silkies stink, 4 toed single comb hard feathered birds are not silkies. yet thats what I always got.
Their "lavenders" looked like F1 crosses to an old english or something, so did their "reds" I'd find another source for them.

They are a great hatchery, and have very friendly folks working there and do all they can to please the customer. But they need to go back to the drawing board on their silkies. I'm not the only one who has said this on their silkies either, there are numerous threads on here about their low quality.

Agreed, I was also looking into ideals Lavender Silkies at one time before Aubrey told me about them, then later I found a pic that some one here had posted of them and they looked like grey buzzards. So I was soooo glad Aubrey talked me out of them before I got the ugly things.

Quote:

yes im getting some from amy piehl but i was gonna use the silkies as an incubator if i dont get one for christmas!

Back
Top Bottom