Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
yes. I think hatchery birds of any breed are just
sickbyc.gif
after seeing breeder birds of that variety. but i still like the bids for other uses besides showing!
smile.png

Dan Honour is wanting info on Ideal's Buff Leghorns. Below si what he posted. If you can help, please go to https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5364189#p5364189 and post some photos and info for him. Thanks.

danhonour wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with the laying ability,egg size,bird size and vigor of Ideal Hatchery Buff Leghorns?I know Keith (Jake Mashburn) got an order of pullets but sold them as he did not like the buff color on them. I am always hearing that the hatcheries need good laying flocks to supply the chick orders,so thought maybe they were great layers??????I also wonder how bad are their type and color?​

I just ordered the suprise pullet assortment that was shipped yesterday, for 1.50 a chick who can resist? LOL Anyhow, I'm worried they might freeze during the drive as its only 20 degrees! I called Ideal and the staff was very friendly and stated several times that it shouldn't be a problem but I'm sooooo worried now. I will post pictures tomorrow when they arrive! Anyone else have successfull shipping during the winter?

The hatcheries, especially Ideal, are very experienced at shipping in the winter. When the chicks arrive, you will see that only a few holes have been punched out. This will conserve the heat. They will also add some "packing peanuts" roosters to help with warmth.

Hope you find good homes for the packing peanuts.....I like dumplings if you are close to us!

I live in Wisconsin so it may be hard to share some extra dumplings with you, LOL!! We verrrry much enjoy them too. My husband kills and cleans them and I cook the little buggers up! Packing peanuts are always a plus, I hope they send some!!!

Back
Top Bottom