Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
Quote:
20 degrees !!!!!! ITS 74 TODAY HERE !!! . . ..and on a less happy note, My ONLY sultan died, she was my only sultan and she was a female. She was walking around with drooping wings yeaterday and didnt eat so I dipped her beak in water; but when I came home she was dead.
sad.png
sad.png

now I have to hope and pray that the ONLY sum-what of a feed store that is by my dad gets chicks and he can order me 2 sultan chicks -_______-

Quote:
droolin.gif
Oh 74 sounds like my kind of weather! Can we trade???

Sorry to hear about your sultan, its always hard to lose one of them cute little fluffy butts.

Quote:
20 degrees !!!!!! ITS 74 TODAY HERE !!! . . ..and on a less happy note, My ONLY sultan died, she was my only sultan and she was a female. She was walking around with drooping wings yeaterday and didnt eat so I dipped her beak in water; but when I came home she was dead.
sad.png
sad.png

now I have to hope and pray that the ONLY sum-what of a feed store that is by my dad gets chicks and he can order me 2 sultan chicks -_______-

I am getting the surprise special this week too! I have 3 phones on the table next to the bed, waiting for the post office call in the AM!

This will be my 3rd Pullet surprise special, my Dec 1st one was a great assortment of 7 breeds, my Jan 5th one was 1/2 Barred Rocks and 1/2 RIRs, but I already sold all of those, and I am looking forward to seeing what is in tomorrow's box of chicks! Wheee!

I got 2 Sultans back in October and both of them did not survive the shipping. I ordered sultan hatching eggs and none hatched. I must assume that they are a fragile breed.

All of my stock comes from Ideal! Their birds are as good as their customer service, happy and efficient. I had great experiences in my last 3 orders as well as the orders I placed with them back in the 1980's

I ordered on the 5th and on the 12th.

Overall I am pretty happy, the first batch was a bit weak and I had quite a bit of loss but they sent replacements with my second order that came today.

Ohh and in this batch I got .. RED, HAMP, AMER, BSL, Brown Legs

Last edited:
I currently have 12 Barred Rocks, 10 of which were ordered from Ideal. They aren't SQ, but they really are gorgeous birds, and are great egg-layers. (1 turned out to be Crooked Beaked, but we didn't cull and she is now 2 years old) We've also bought chicks from our feed store (who orders from Ideal) and bought EEs and one little silkie. I'm very pleased with my EEs, who lay the most gorgeous mint colored eggs I've ever seen...my 'white' silkie is white with black flecks all over...but she does have 5 toes and sure is cute!
lol.png

All in all, I'm pleased with Ideal.

Sorry, I never got around to posting my bantam Cochins from Ideal Poultry, but I have been following the thread since it started. Here is a couple of photos of my Ideal stock. The first pictures are from when they were a few days old. The other photos are much more recent. I kept 5 and sold the rest. When they aren't broody, they lay 4 or more eggs a week each. We have been very happy with Ideal's Bantam Cochins. Since they are such sweeties and very calm and quiet, I have another order coming of more cochin bantams for the broodies to raise. We are expecting them in the February 2nd ship date. Hopefully they will be here Feb. 3rd or 4th.

20741_p1200512.jpg

Black Cochin Bantam chicks

20741_p1200525.jpg

Partridge Cochin Bantam chicks

20741_p1200490.jpg

Buff Cochin Bantam chicks

20741_p1230261.jpg

The five we kept. This was taken around Thanksgiving when they started laying.

20741_p1230219.jpg

One of the black cochins

20741_p1230570.jpg

The Partridge Cochin with her LF chicks she is raising right now. She is a good mama. They have been enjoying the warm days we have been having.

Does anyone have photos of Ideal's large fowl Buff Wyandottes? We are getting a few more Buff Chanteclers in a few weeks and have added some Buff Wyandotte LF.

How close to the SOP are they?

I know they acquired their Buff Wyandotte Bantams from a top exhibition breeder. Just wondering if they did the same with the large fowl.

Last edited:
Quote:
Whats the quality of the Buff Geese?

Thanks

Not good. We sold ours. Several were tufted and we did not order the tufted. Will acquire some more from Metzer Farms. For a backyard flock, they were nice. But we only keep exhibition quality birds.

Back
Top Bottom