Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
Quote:
What did you order ??
lol.png

I ordered 20 total chicks.

4 Buff Orpington pullets
1 Buff Orpington roo
5 Assorted Silkies
5 Assorted d'Uccle bantums
5 Assorted Cochin bantums

When I got them home I realized I only had 19 chicks. After closer inspection, I'm missing 1 silkie. It was supposed to be an assortment but they all look to be the same color to me, white, although a few kinda look slightly darker than the others

One chick is very lethargic and I'm trying to get him to eat and drink. We'll see how that goes.

One has an injured leg, or it may be sprattle-leg. I'm hoping it can be fixed by tying his legs together so they're in a more natural position and straighten out. Other than his leg he seems ok so I'm really hoping he'll pull through. He's a really pretty dark red/chocolate color with the chipmunk stripes on his back. Total sweetie too.

I called Ideal and told them about the missing chick and the lethargic one and they refunded for both.
smile.png
All the other chicks are totally energetic and seem super happy so I'd happily order from them again.

I took pictures, it's just a matter of getting them uploaded now. Our internet is SUPER slow so uploading 20 pictures is going to take a LONG time.

Last edited:
Quote:
Bantam Cochins are adorable. I have 1 hen that I bought as a chick from someone last year.

Some of the silkies with the darker could be splash.

OMG I hope so! I'd love to have some spash!

Do the cochin chicks have the chipmunk stripes in different colors? I've got two that are grey bodied, black heads and have black chipmunk stripes. One is dark red with dark brown chipmunk stripes. And I have two that are pale yellow with dark yellow chipmunk stripes.

Quote:
I don't know about the chipmunk stripes on cochins, but I had a brown chipmunk striped OEGB chick that turned out to be spangled. Maybe they're some kind of laced pattern or maybe mottled.

I hope it's ok if I post close to 30 pictures..

These chickens are from 2 bantam specials from May and a surprise special pullet order from June 1. Although they were supposed to be all pullets, I did get 2 roos in the 25 chick order.

Gold Sebright roo hatched May 11, 2011 (hopefully going to a new home tomorrow)
SANY0142.jpg

Black Star standard hen hatched June 1, 2011 (hopefully going to a new home with my black langshan tomorrow)
SANY0149.jpg

White laced Red cornish bantam Roo hatched May 18, 2011 (rehoming tomorrow)
SANY0152.jpg

My Silver pencilled cohin roo, red polish, EE, all hatched June 2010 except for the porcelain d'Uccle hen in the back (she is from May 18, 2011)
SANY0150.jpg

Another picture of the gold Sebright roo
SANY0156.jpg

Black Langshan roo and Black Star hen, both hatched June 1
SANY0159.jpg

Black star hen
SANY0161.jpg

Buff OEGB roo hatched May 18, rehoming tomorrow
SANY0164.jpg

Same handsome Buff OEGB roo
SANY0165.jpg

Gold laced Wyandotte and Partridge Cochin hens, both hatched June 1 and the partridge is going to a new home with a roo
SANY0167.jpg

These guys are also going tomorrow except the gold laced cochin bantam roo and gold laced wyandotte
SANY0170.jpg

Brown leghorn hen June 1 hatch, I have 2 and keeping one
SANY0172.jpg

Gold laced bantam Cochin roo hatched May 18, 2011
SANY0173.jpg

Gold laced Wyandotte hen
SANY0167.jpg

Fawn silver OEGB hen hatched May 18, 2011
SANY0179.jpg

Blue red OEGB and Buttercup patterned OEGB hens..hate to part with them but I am rehoming them with extra roos I have
SANY0181.jpg

Same buttercup patterned OEGB hen from above
SANY0183.jpg

Sweet Black Langshan roo hatched June 1
SANY0182.jpg

Partridge cochin hen, I have 2 and keeping the smaller of the two
SANY0184.jpg

Black star, partridge cochin, brown leghorn, and blue wheaton OEGB (I think)
SANY0186.jpg

White Crested duck hatched June 17, 2010 (not from Ideal) and Red Polish hen hatched in June 2010 (From Ideal)
SANY0188.jpg

Brown leghorn from the June 1 hatch
SANY0190.jpg

pretty Blue mottled OEGB but Ideal doesn't carry blue mottled so I am thinking maybe she is a pearl..
SANY0192.jpg

Gold Sebright and WLR cornish bantam roos
SANY0196.jpg

White Laced Red cornish banty roo May 18, 2011
SANY0197.jpg

My favorite, most friendly hen I think she is a blue wheaton OEGB
SANY0198.jpg

Group shot
SANY0199.jpg

My chi pup Cookie that we adopted last month from a shelter hatched circa february
SANY0144.jpg

Those are so cute!! I love Ideal's birds, esp. the oegbs. :] I want to post pics of my birds, but I think Im gonna wait for them to finish molting.

Back
Top Bottom