Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
Below are a few of my most recent bantam cochin chicks from Ideal Poultry, all about 7 weeks old. If you need more bantam cochin images, I have plenty more Ideal chicks' and chickens pictures on my blog in the link at the bottom in my signature.

Splash Cockerel

Silver Laced pair

White Frizzle Cockerel

Hmm, don't wish to be the party poop, but I've had a few issues with Ideal Birds.
I ordered 6 Black Langshan pullets (already had 2, 4 week old Blue Langshan Roo's), 3 Barred Rocks and 3 RIR pullets.

First, when you order a small number for your backyard they reccommend NOT vaccinating for Mareks disease....
I lost ALL but 1 Black Langshan Pullet. (including my 2 Roo's) 2 RIR from Mareks and one Barred Rock.
The 5 survivers are about 4 months old now. And one will have a permanent limp. (Mareks)
I've had to keep them isolated and probably will forever. They will not be sold either...
To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
I will NOT order from them again.
Good luck...
I'm so glad everyone else has such gorgeous birds!

I know this is an old post but....

Actually I believe it reads if you have a small FLOCK they don't recommend vaccines. I've been told if you have others that were vaccinated then get them vaccinated. None of mine have been so I didn't have mine vaccinated. THey're all growing good (even the 'packing peanuts' Roo's <RIR> I think)

I've been thinking I wanted splash silkies. Now I am so excited! Lol I hadn't thought about ordering blues
roll.png

These are the "blue" chicks I bought from Ideal in August 2011. None of them look like the blue color, but I really like them. All except one is bearded. Out of 6 straight run that I ordered all are hens and just started laying. From the day I recieved them, the splash hens have been smaller than the dark hens.

Ok, I was finally able to get pics of the RIR Ideal Poultry Stock. They will be 4 months old on Friday.

I don't even know how to describe this bunch. They must have been hatched the night of a full moon because this is the most rambunctious, aggressive, impatient, mean and selfish group of birds that I have ever owned. They fight the roosters, they attack the ducks and geese when they are breeding and they try to pull the other hens out of the nesting boxes when they are in there laying eggs. :barnie What did I get myself in to? :oops:

And to think that I was afraid of putting them in the chicken yard with the older chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys. I should have been more afraid of these RIR bullying the other animals. This group is unbelievable. I have never seen anything like this before IN MY LIFE. What did I do to deserve this? :th And to think that I have 40 of these little buggars.

Last edited:
Those RIRs don't look like real RIRs. They are Production Reds and I find sex link birds the most aggressive breeds I've owned. Not all of them are created equal.

Depends on how bad you want to keep them. If the disposition is not what you want, get rid of them.

Those RIRs don't look like real RIRs. They are Production Reds and I find sex link birds the most aggressive breeds I've owned. Not all of them are created equal.

Depends on how bad you want to keep them. If the disposition is not what you want, get rid of them.

Well, if they aren't RIRs, then Ideal sent me the wrong order. :gig And if they are Production Reds, then that is so much better. :ya

I only want them for laying eggs. I won't let these girls brood anything, not even a rock. They have terrible dispositions. I don't want those genes anywhere in my stock.

I really need to get a pic of what a RIR is "supposed" to look like - but then again, these are hatchery stock.

These are the packing peanuts born 1/25/2012This is one of the red broilers, they all have great dispositions. Born 1/25/2012.

The broilers are very active and forage all day long. I feed them twice a day.

Last edited:
Ok, I was finally able to get pics of the RIR Ideal Poultry Stock. They will be 4 months old on Friday.
I don't even know how to describe this bunch. They must have been hatched the night of a full moon because this is the most rambunctious, aggressive, impatient, mean and selfish group of birds that I have ever owned. They fight the roosters, they attack the ducks and geese when they are breeding and they try to pull the other hens out of the nesting boxes when they are in there laying eggs.
barnie.gif
What did I get myself in to?
hide.gif

And to think that I was afraid of putting them in the chicken yard with the older chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys. I should have been more afraid of these RIR bullying the other animals. This group is unbelievable. I have never seen anything like this before IN MY LIFE. What did I do to deserve this?
th.gif
And to think that I have 40 of these little buggars.

Lol they are werechickens similar to a werewolf since they are attacking the others.
lau.gif

I don't even know how to describe this bunch. They must have been hatched the night of a full moon because this is the most rambunctious, aggressive, impatient, mean and selfish group of birds that I have ever owned. They fight the roosters, they attack the ducks and geese when they are breeding and they try to pull the other hens out of the nesting boxes when they are in there laying eggs. :barnie What did I get myself in to? :oops:

And to think that I was afraid of putting them in the chicken yard with the older chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys. I should have been more afraid of these RIR bullying the other animals. This group is unbelievable. I have never seen anything like this before IN MY LIFE. What did I do to deserve this? :th And to think that I have 40 of these little buggars.

Lol they are werechickens similar to a werewolf since they are attacking the others. :lau

:yuckyuck

:lau

Back
Top Bottom