Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
The egg is the minty green one in the middle. I have a few more hens that should start laying this year. But I am very pleased with her eggs, they are also med-large in size and lays at least 5/6 eggs a week!

Very nice! Thanks for posting.

I just wanted to add a little bit about the black Australorp I got from Ideal. I don't know what she will look like when she's all grown up, but she is the sweetest little chick! I got her from a feed store that orders from Ideal. She literally jumped into my palm when I put it in the bin. She jumped in and laid down and wouldn't get off for an hour. She is still so sweet and runs to me all the time. I adore her. :)

It has been a while since i posted some pics of my birds from this year, so here I go
big_smile.png
I still need to get some new pics of my Easter Eggers and my Polish too.

First are a few pics of my Silkies

Naked Necks

Speckled Sussex

Embden & Grey Saddleback Pomeranian Geese

I know this thread is a little old but... I am getting some chicks from Ideal! My first try with meat birds too! Can't wait!
celebrate.gif

• 12 assorted chick pullets
  • 10 rare breed special pullets
  • 15 cornish rock
  • 2 black australorp
  • 2 buff orpington pullets
  • 2 delaware
  • 2 dominique
  • 3 spangled russian orloff
  • 10 assorted feather legged straight run
  • 3 golden neck d'uccles
  • 15 assorted silkie bantams
  • 2 black tailed white japanese bantams
  • 4 mottled japanese bantams

09/26/2012 is my ship date, I can't wait this is my 3rd Ideal order of the year and I'll try and get some pictures of my birds soon!

Next years order is going to consist of Salmon Faverolle, Silver Dorking, and more Spangled Orloffs! Andd... maybe a few silkies. I love my birds :)

I've been pretty happy with my orders, their customer service has been good. So far I've ordered Sebright Bantams, D'Uccle Bantams, Silkie Bantams, Cochin Bantams (both frizzles and normal feathered), a variety of polish, and various laying breeds from them. Most have thrived besides on DOA shipment (it was so sad
hit.gif
). The breed I've had the most issues with thriving after shipment has been the mottled houdans. We've had 12 of them and lost all within a day after shipment after them resending twice :( It was so terrible to lose them considering I wanted a trio.

Ideal has been the hatchery I have had the best luck with though in shipping to Alaska!
yippiechickie.gif

Please post pics when they come in. Such a lg group, and so
many different kinds! How many do you already have? You said you have ordered fro
Ideal Before. You must have a really good setup to keep those kinds of chickens warm in Alaska!

How long does it take for the shipment to get to Alaska? It is the first time I am ordering from Ideal and I live in Northern Maine. They were sent today. I am really paranoid as I got a shipment last week of chicks and lost 8 of the 22(not from ideal it was a p.o. screw up). I don't think I am even going to be able to sleep until I get them. I didn't even get a tracking # so I am just going to be anxiety ridden until I get the call from the post office. I just wish I could see where they were it would make me feel a little better.

Wife to a Birdman ---
My last shipment took 2 days to get here from the shipping date and all arrived alive on arrival (except 1 in one shipment, who was trampled). The one shipment (it was my first) arrived entirely dead on arrival, it was on the post office's part and I had a full box of a lot of chicks
hit.gif

Hopefully if the postal service handles your babies right they should arrive fine
hugs.gif

So in total I have had 3 shipments prior (this year) from Ideal, the one (first one) that was DOA entirely and the replacement shipment for that (which they sent the very next hatch date!) was sent PRIORITY and was here the next day! I was in awe of their service, and was reassured that my chicks would make it to me happy and alive. My most recent shipment arrived in 2 days after the shipping date, which was still very fast!

Every single employee that I have spoke with in Ideal has been very helpful, heart felt and caring. These people ship out thousands of chickens a year and yet they still can make the time to realize how compassionate back yard chicken owners are. That is what made me the most pleased. Have nothing but good to say about them! I've dealt with Cackle in the past, and honestly I never will again, their customer service was down the tube and they could think of every excuse in the book as to why nothing was ever their liability. It was ridiculous, I'm an Ideal customer when it comes to my hatchery bred birds.. 100%

Nomibear --

I'll be sure to post photos! I have a lot of other chicks that deserve to have their photos taken as well. Though I know my silkies from Ideal are far from show quality, they have enough of a 'poof' to make me happy, they're fluffy, well feathered, and I've never purchased one without 5 toes on each foot. So far as pets go I am very satisfied. I have a few polish from them, a white crested blue, buff laced, red crested red... I also have an Appennzeller Spitzhauben hen from them. I have 4 Porcelain D'uccles, 5 Mille Fleur' D'Uccles, 3 Frizzled bantam Cochins, 8 bantam Cochins, A silver sebright, a gold sebright, and various laying birds from them.

I have a pair of black tailed white japanese, D'Uccles are one of my favorite breeds along with silkies and I'm mostly a bantam lover :)

Excess chicks are rehomed since locally finding a lot of these breeds is hard to come by and I grow them out until I can choose who I want to keep. I typically only keep 2-3 of a variety that I purchase. Choosing the best of what I want to see in my birds :)

I'll post pictures as soon as I can and of course when the newest babies make their debut.

Back
Top Bottom