Post pics of your turkeys.

Pics
Those pics look the same? Are you saying I'm going around claiming that because how would I know? So he is a heritage but he's black with some coloring so a different variety?
Look closely at the wing feathers, the black turkey has pure black wing feathers. The barred black has bars of white and black on the wing feathers.

I assumed that you would not have known any different about your tom because that is what someone else told you he is.

Here are my super special birds that I got from Porter's and imprinted. They are amazing and so sweet! They think they're people and love to be held and snuggled.
20170611_163130.jpg
IMG_20170626_085327_727.jpg

Posting more pictures of the parents would probably help us figure the genetics of the offspring, and posting pictures of the boys would help, too. One of my bigger issues with the Porter's calculator is that there aren't pictures of birds like @R2elk described so such a bird cannot be visualized, and worse yet, can't even be Googled.
I am beginning to think he does not have a Royal Palm tom but instead has a Calico tom. A Calico tom on a Bronze hen would give the apparent sex linked results that he has. A "Royal Palm" that has any color in its feathers other than black or white is not a Royal palm. I have personally seen a number of Tri-Color or Calicos being passed off as Royal Palms.

hen - NarragansettSemi-Color Semi-Gray split: Black Winged Bronze(b1) which would look like the hen on the right in the first and second pictures.

hen - Golden Narragansett split: Black Winged Bronze(b1) which might look like the hen on the left in both pictures.

tom -
Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray split: Black Winged Bronze(b1) Narragansett(n) which would look very similar to a Bronze.

tom -
Red Bronze split: Black Winged Bronze(b1) Narragansett(n)

Back
Top Bottom