Ended Post Your Best (Worst) Chicken Molt Pictures - 2023

Pics
IMG_4034.jpeg

Stormy, Blue copper Marans is 5 months old and going through a mini molt of just her back side

IMG_4031.jpeg

Nugget (aka Nuggy) 1.5 yr old Bielefelder starting with what I think will be a hard molt. The remaining tail feather fell off right after I took this pic- poor girl looks so silly

Nugget heard about this super cool contest on BYC about molting. She felt left behind so she kicked it into high gear over the weekend. She’s looking rough without her scruff.
IMG_4071.jpeg

Not an entry-Clearly Nugget is cold and has been sleeping on the poop tray under a fluffier chicken for warmth. That is her non- molting side :p
IMG_4074.jpeg

View attachment 3659684
Nugget (aka Nuggy) 1.5 yr old Bielefelder starting with what I think will be a hard molt. The remaining tail feather fell off right after I took this pic- poor girl looks so silly
Look mom, no tail! :lol: Seriously though, I always feel sorry for them without their tail feathers. I'm sure something feels pretty wrong back there. Thanks for entering! :)

Nugget heard about this super cool contest on BYC about molting. She felt left behind so she kicked it into high gear over the weekend. She’s looking rough without her scruff.View attachment 3660502

Not an entry-Clearly Nugget is cold and has been sleeping on the poop tray under a fluffier chicken for warmth. That is her non- molting side :pView attachment 3660507
Poor girl, she's looking pretty rough. ❤ Hopefully she finishes her molt before winter! Thanks for entering! :)

Back
Top Bottom